Episode 23: Island of Darkness

(The ninja reached the Dark Island, but are on the lookout for the Stone Army. Wu gasps.)

Kai: This whole island is swarming with Garmadon's indestructible Stone Army.

Jay: Ha! Good thing we're ninja and we know how to hide.

Cole: Who wants to hide when you can fight? I'm getting tired of having our heads buried in the sand. I wanna fight these guys.

Zane: But Cole, they have no apparent weakness. 

Trey: Frosty's right, you know. It would be unwise to start a fight we cannot finish.

Wu: That is why we must find the Temple of Light.

(They go in the Bounty, where Misako explains the scrolls.)

Misako: The scrolls say there is a hidden temple on the island. If you find it, it will give the ninja pure elemental powers, powers that can destroy the indestructible army.

Cole: So you're saying we get to fight? Whoo-hoo! I've got happy feet!

Misako: And you, my son, here it is written: "For once the Green Ninja finds the instrument of peace, he will strike it and know the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master."

Lloyd: Ultimate Spinjitzu Master?

Misako: It means you'll be able to invoke the power of the Golden Dragon, an ancient fighting style only practiced by the First Spinjitzu Master.

Lloyd: (Everyone looks at him, surprised.) Hahaha. Jealous?

Kai: Uh, wait a minute. This all sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?

Trey: The catch is, the Temple could be anywhere on the island. 

Wu: And all we have is this. (He gives Dr. Julien a medallion with three holes.)

Julien: A medallion. It's like a compass. When the three holes match up, the medallion will reveal where the temple is hidden.

Jay: Uh, how'd you know that?

Julien: Oh, I did a lot of reading in my spare time. (He chuckles.) Adventure stories were my favorite.

Zane: (He takes the medallion) Then what are we waiting for? (The ninja get up.)

Wu: (He stops Lloyd.) Not you, Lloyd.

Lloyd: Ah, seriously? Are we still doing this?

Trey: Wu's right. If you were to come across Garmadon, it could prematurely start the Final Battle. 

Misako: We need to be at full strength before we take any risks.

Jay: Hahaha. Jealous?

Julien: Well, I could use some help around the shop. We should get working on vehicles that might help give us a fighting chance.

Wu: Remember, Garmadon doesn't know we're on the island. It's imperative that you stay out of sight.

Jay: Of course, Sensei. Don't worry. Have you ever known us to veer from a plan, huh? (Lloyd, Wu, and Misako looks at them, not amused.)

Ninja, except Lloyd and Trey: Ninja—

Wu: Shh! Not so loud. Are you trying to get us caught?

Ninja, except Lloyd: (Whispering)...go.

(At Garmadon's camp, a Stone Swordsman brings in a box of Dark Matter.)