Episode 36: Only One Can Remain

(Chen's Ferry arrives at the island.)

Trey: Look at that.

Kai and Cole: (Simultaneously) Awesome.

Karlof: Let me see. (He pushes Kai.)

Kai: Do you mind?

Clouse: Welcome to Chen's Island. The Tournament of Elements welcomes its brave fighters. Master Chen will be pleased you've returned, Sensei Garmadon.

Garmadon: The pleasure is all mine, Clouse.

Clouse: I'm sure it is.

Jay: Definitely feeling some tension between you two.

Kai: Yeah, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map?

Cole: And care to explain how the face to Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?

Garmadon: Master Chen used to be a friend. Now he's a traitor. During the Serpentine Wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the treacherous snakes.

Lloyd: The battle you and Uncle Wu fought together in? He was an enemy?

Garmadon: He used deception to divide the Elemental Masters. We barely defeated the Serpentine, and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island. Little did we know, he'd begin to build his criminal empire from here.

Lloyd: He may have divided our ancestors, but he's not gonna divide us.

Kai: (He sees Skylor walking behind him.) Uh...ladies first. (He pushes the others aside.) Fire will melt her icy heart. Just wait.

(Garmadon and Trey sigh.)

Cole: This is a big island. Zane could be anywhere. 

Trey: Yeah, so we all better keep an eye out.

Jay: So this is the house that noodles built. Ha! Always wanted to go to a red carpet event.

Garmadon: Chen lives like a king. Here, he's totally self-sufficient. The only way on or off this island is with his permission, which you have to earn.

Lloyd: You never told me about this place. How do you know so much about this island?

Garmadon: Because before Chen was my enemy, he was my Sensei. (He shows them his Anacondrai tattoo.)

(The Elemental Masters arrive inside the palace and sit in a circle.)

Lloyd: You never told me you had a Sensei.

Garmadon: When I was your age, I sought a darker means of guidance. He taught me to win at all cost, no matter who I hurt. It wasn't until you saved me and your friend that I saw the light.

Jay: Uh, apparently he also never taught you to have a sense of humor. Lighten up, we're in an underground fight club. This is supposed to be fun.

(Zugu bangs a gong and Eyezor turns on a gramophone.)

Clouse: All rise for Master Chen.

Chen: Welcome to the Tournament of Elements. Now everyone can all di—(The door suddenly  closes and everyone gasps.)—rect your attention to me! (He laughs.)

Garmadon: (He whispers to Lloyd.) I forgot to mention he has a penchant for theatrics.

Trey: (Whispering to Garmadon.) Yeah, no kidding.