Chapter 14: Some things that never change but become stronger with time

Anirudh went to the bathroom and washed his face. It was still red and he was still sobbing. He tried to control himself but everytime from somewhere sorrow comes like a wave through his stomach upto his throat thus making his eyes teary again. He went and sat in his sofa in the dark room and looked straight out of the window at the crescent moin and the clouds dancing over the moonlit sky.

Suddenly a caring hand caressed his head. He looked back. It was Kaka. He switched the light on.

"Anirudh chun haldi laya hu.. jaldi se shirt utar.." said kaka

"Koi jarurat nrhi kaka main thick hu.."

"Fer se suru ho geya tu... shirt utar jaldi nehi to chun haldi thandi ho jaigi.. jada idhar udhar kiya to main ab tujhe dande se marunga.." scolded kaka..

Anirudh was unbothered. ..

Kaka put the chun haldi bowl on the table and forcefully tried to unbotton Anirudh's shirt..

"Kaka yeh aap keya kar rahe ho..."

"Jaldi utar shirt.. bandar kahika... hamesa ulta fulta kaam kar firta hain .... tuj jaisa jiddi gaddha aj tak nehi dekha... utar... umar main hi bara hua hain.. abhi bhi dudh pita bacche ki tarah halkate karta hain.."

Kaka succeded in unbottoning his shirt...

He applied the chun haldi on the wounds...

"Issh aise koi marta hain apne bete ko..."

"Aah kaka jalta hain.. dhire..."

"Chup baith nalayak... dhire hi laga raha hu..."

Suddenly they heard a light sound..

Anirudh got up a little to see... It was Bondita standing by the door looking at him..

Anirudh pulled his shirt up... he slowly went towads her.. but stopped at the middle of the room...

He looked at Bondita. Bondita also looked at him with her kitty cute eyes.

She slowly advanced towards Anirudh and stood before him looking up at his face.

Anirudh knelt down before her..

Bondita put her hand on his shoulders
"Dard ho raha hain apko.." she asked cutely

"Nehi Bondita bilkul nehi.." Anirudh nodded his head..
"Tum abhi bhi mujhse gussa ho Bondita?... maaf nehi karogi mujhe??"

Bondita looked at Anirudh. . Her stare was like a cute baby as she was... gradually tears appeared in her eyes and on a blink of time she hugged Anirudh tightly. His wounds were hurting but he wasn't bothered about that. Tears of happiness appeared on Anirudh's eyes too. He caressed her head. Bondita felt that old comfort in his arms and hugged him more tight and cried close to his heart.

Kaka who was the sole witness to the scene couldnot control his tears. He took the bowl of chun haldi and left slowly and silently. Anirudh as got the most effective ointment to his wounds.

Anirudh wipped Bondita's tears with his fingures.
"Royo mat Bondita "
"Aap bji to ro rahe ho patibabu "
Anirudh wiped his tears and smiled "dekho nehi ro raha main... aab haso"

Bondita smiled.... and that was enough to light up his world in a whole new light..

"Aaiyeain aapko sula deti hu.."
"Tum mujhe sulaoge..." wondered Anirudh
"Haaa... aab aap lait jayiye acche baccheki tarah.." Bondita scolded cutely...
And how can anyone ignore that cute scolding

Anirudh laid down and Bondita started caressing his hair singing lullaby
"Ghum parani masi pisi moder bari aso...."
Anirudh was going into light slumber remembering the way his mother used to sing the same lullaby in the same tune...

After sometime Anirudh woke up... he saw Bondita sleeping resting her head on the wall behind..

He got up and laid her down. Pulled up the blanket and caressed her hair. He just looked at the cute smile of this sleeping baby and her little folded hand which was holding his shirt tight.

He just wanted this... he just wanted this smile to come back on her face.. he has got his world now.. now he's ready for every fight to come in his way...

Some things just never change but become stronger with every passing day... and one such is the bond of our Anidita  💗