Chapter 53: Anirudh returns home

Anirudh is brought to court. He's much disturbed. The screams he heard last night. The facts that Jayanta told him. How can these Britishers be so much inhuman.

Kaka entered the court. Bondita is holding his hand tightly and looking up the high ceilings of the court wondering why did they made ceilings so high?
Kaka didn't want Bondita to come but she was arrogant and was sobbing hard. Now if she falls ill and Anirudh comes to know then there will be another yatrapala.
Anirudh was produced to court. Barrister Banerjee gave all arguements for him. He stated that if British police fail to find the Pandit will that prove Anirudh didn't marry? Jailer put forward that how Anirudh did leadergiri in jail. But is protesting against something wrong justify that he plotted murder of Viceroy, argued Barrister Banerjee. Kaka became angry on knowing that Anirudh did gondogol in jail too.
Bondita is too little that she can't have a proper view of the arguement. She's much upset and puffed her face. Anirudh also was unable to see her.
Atlast Judge was forced to free Anirudh on grounds of lack of proof against him.
Anirudh came out of the Court room. Jayanta and Srikanto came. They were freed this morning only. Banerjee was talking to them. Kaka came and caressed his head. Suddenly Anirudh felt a sweet soothing hug on his stomach. Anirudh looked down. Two kitty eyes were looking at him. He caressed Bondita's head.
"Kaisi ho Bondita? " asked Anirudh
Bondita puffed her face "jao main apse baat nehi karti.. katti hain apse?"
"Keu? Keya kiya maine?"
"Pehle agar bata dete ki aap aur kakababu milke yeh natak karoge to......."
Anirudh quickly put his hands on her mouth and looked here and there. Banerjee became uncomfortable too. Kaka was astonished "natak....."
"Kaka kaka..." Anirudh put fingers on his lips..
"Tumhain keu laga ki yeh natak hain..." whispered Banerjee with a uncomfortable smile
"Bacchi hu bewkoof nehi.." Bondita answered
"Tumhari patni paidaisi Barrister hain" whispered Banerjee "per jab tak woh bari nehi hoti samhalke rakho.. kahi bhi kuch bhi bol de to phas jaoge.."
"Kisse bol rahe ho Banerjee babu.." kaka was sarcastic in his tone "yeh khud hi to kahi bhi kuch bhi bolke aur karke phas ke baitha hain... yeh keya samhalye ga.."

Anirudh's face turned red..

Anirudh got up the car with Bondita and kaka. Bondita sat in the middle and made Anirudh's hand her spare pillow. It's really comfortable. She fell asleep.
"Dekjo so geyi" kaka exclaimed with a smile..
Anirudh stretched his hand to make her comfortable
"Pata hain Anirudh kitni raat soyi nehi.. sirf roti chali.. aab koi aisa wesa kaam na karna.. apni nehi kamse kam bacchi ki to socho.."
Anirudh lowered his head... "Kaka Baba nehi aye?"
"Tum apne Baba ko nehi jante? Kanun se bacha liya Banerjee babu ne per sabko sanach ay chuka hain.... aur Jail main bhi tumnain... keya bolu... Engrezi mohol main tumhare Baba ka nak kat geya... itni jaldi maaf kar denge woh?"

Anirudh entered the haveli. Sampurna was ready with boron dala. She welcomed him. Bondita still was holding his hand and dozing.
"Ai Bondita khare khare keu so rahi hain tu" Sampurna tried to woke her up but she was so much into sleep.
Anirudh took her to her room rather his own hijacked room and put the blanket over her. He took a teddy bear  and released his own hand. Bondita hugged the teddy tightly in sleep. She's looking soo sweet soo cute soo innocent. At a time Anirudh wanted to be a baby like her and play around. He want his long lost childhood back. But alas time never returns back. He want to cherish childhood through Bondita but he has raken up her responsibility. He can't be a child he has to be her gurdian. Anirudh caressed her head and promised that he'll not be an irresponsible gurdian like his father. He'll not let her childhood ruin. He has done much gondogol but from now on he'll be responsible enough.

It's evening. The sank sound made Bondita open her eyes. She saw the teddy. That means patibabu left keeping the teddy here.
She got up and ran down. She saw Anirudh in the Mandir. She ran towards him..
"Aap chale keu aye..." she complained
Kaka looked back. Anirudh is thinking what to answer.
"Asal main Bondita nahana tha na isliye.."
"Mandir main kaun nahata hain?"
"R a Bondita nahake bagar nikla to kaka ne bola ki special puja hain mujhe ana hi hoga..."
"Yeh Anirudh.. mujhe keu fasata hain.." kaka protested
Anirudh looked hopelessly at kaka. Bondita stared at Anirudh and then left puffing her face.
"Lo kaka mana raha tha apne Yudhistir giri karke fasa diya.."
"R a ... main woh... puja ke naam jhut nehi bolte beta"
"Copied and noted.." Anirudh left
"Keya bola?" Kaka was confused

Anirudh was crossing the hall room when Binoy came in. They met each other. Binoy adjusted his specs. Anirudh was a little uncomfortable.
"Baba..."
Binoy left
Anirudh felt a vacuum in his heart. His face went red. His eyes became teary. He ran to his room. Bondita saw it from behind the door. She went to his room with two dolls.
"Patibabu...." called Bondita from behind..
Anirudh was sitting behind the sofa and sobbing. He quickly wiped his tears. "Ha Bondita..."
"Aap mere sath khelenge..."
Anirudh stood up... "Bondita tum Batuk ke sath khelo na.."
"Nehi.. woh kehta hain larke guddi guriye nehi khelte.. aap khelo na..."
He looked at Bondita's smilling face...
"Chalo Bondita...." Anirudh forced a smile on his face.