Chapter 31: Bondita finds out Anirudh's address

It was midnight. Sampurna was not in a mood to sleep. She got up from the bed and started strolling across the dark corridor. While walking past the balcony she fely that someone is lying on the swing. She slowly went near the swing and found out Bondita lying on it. She noticed her innocent sleeping face.
"Yeh yaha keu so rahi hain thand lag jaigi to.." whispered Sampurna to herself..
She struggled to took up Bondita without letting her wake up and made her lie down on her bed.Sampurna caressed her head. Her sister her loving cute sweet sister.. who did so much for her.. how could she mentally  torture her so much?!... Sampurna opened Bondita's jewellery and kept it on the table. Then she noticed the keys.. she slowly took the keys and looked at it with lust. She was leaving with the keys when she felt a pull in her saree. She looked back and saw Bondita innocently holding her saree. Sampurna went near her and kept the keys on the side table. While she was freeing her saree from Bondita's hand she noticed that her hand was red  with spots. Sampurna was shocked. She went to the kitchen and heated some chun haldi. She slowly applied it on her hand. Bondita was feeling good. A smile appeared on her sleeping face. Her smile made Sampurna smile too. She felt a unknown kind of relief in her. She left the room and the keys remained on the side table...

Bondita woke up in the morning and found out the dry chun haldi on her hand.
"Yeh kisne lagaya..." she wondered

Anirudh has no attention in his work. Why the telephones of the city not working. He was sittling on the table of Banerjee's  chamber looking out of the window noticing the mango on the tree dancing with the breeze like a pendulum.
"R a Anirudh tumhara udas baith ne se phone thick ho jaiga keya?" Commented Banerjee "British sarkar hain jaldi fault identify karke thick kar degi... phone nehi chalega to unka bhi chalega keya.." Banerjee smirked

Bondita is restlessly browsing through the directory. She recalled her patibabu told her to take a deep breatheand be calm when things go wrong. She closed her eues and took a deep breathe. Again started browsing through the pages. Suddenly she felt one thing. Each part of the phone numbers indicate a special code. They represent the area of where the number is. Slowly she started searching accordingly. Her face started to glow up. The first two digits of the phone number Anirudh gave her indicate Calcutta the next two indicate..... yes its the Park street area. She started moving her fingures over the numbers and her heart is beating fast. Yes here... it's here.... it matched.. no the last two number didn't match. She went a little further... now... yes that's it......
Bondita's face lighted up with delight. He heart is beating fast like a rail engine. She again took a deep breathe and tried to see the details...
"Barrister Siddhartasankar Banerjee... 8A/1 Middleton street ,Park street..." (premises number is fictitious )
She took down the address and closed the directory...

Batuk was busy making drawing and Somnath was doing his homework...
"Suniye Somudada..." Bondita approached him with a smile...
"Boliye Boudi..."
"Aap mujhe Kolikata le jayenge??"
The pencil fell from Somnath's hand...
"Keya?!"
"Maine pati babu ka pata dhun nikala hain... to aap agar mujhe.."
"Aise ghar baithe pata?!"
"Apko biswas nehi ho raha??"
Batuk started looking at their faces..
"Nehi.."
"Main abhi dikhati hu...."
"Boudi abhi apko dikhane ki koi jarurat nehi baba kaka ko ane dijiye uske baad dekhenge...."
Bondita was heart broken.. "Sasurji kakasasurji ke ane main to bohat der hain per mujhe to kal hi jana hain..."

No one replied to her...
She made a sad face and left...

Bondita went to her room....
"Koi meri madad nehi karta.. she took the copy and looked at the address... per pati babu kehte hain jab koi na sath main aye to apni raha khud chalna chahiye.." Bondita gave an innocent smile hugging her copy...