Chapter 10

*Carters POV*

"Vacation?"

"Um... yeah the girls and I are headed up north to our cabin for April vacation." I pause, it's sweet that he cares about me leaving. Although he's making a bit of a big deal out of nothing. It's just vacation! "I hope you don't mind."

"Yeah it's... cool." He sighs dropping his gaze and reaches for my hand. "It's just I'm worried about you. Your accident only happened two weeks ago..."

I feel a slight shiver travel up my spine. My eye is no longer swollen, but at times it becomes hard to see things. I look up straight into Will's beautiful blue eyes. He must have been able to sense my sudden discomfort because he wraps his arms quickly around me, pulling me into his chest.

"I'm sorry." He whispers "I didn't mean to bring that up now. It just... it just worries me that you'll be miles and miles away from me. And I won't be there to help."

"I understand." I reply leaning back slightly to look at him. He gives me a forced smile. I drop my gaze to our shoes and continue. "I'll have people there with me though. The girls will be there. Kris and Blake are coming. And Rob will be there-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who's Rob?"

I laugh and stare back up at him. "Relax. Rob is an old friend of my parents. When one of the ATVs breaks down, he's are resident mechanic." I smile at his worried expression. "He's in his 50s Will, there's nothing to worry about." He seems to relax after I mention his age.

"Carter?" He asks his voice serious. But it's so hard to take him seriously when he's wearing the strictest smile I've ever seen.

"Yes, Sir." I say trying my best to mimic his serious tone.

He just roles his eyes at me, his lips curving into a small smile. "I'm serous Carter. I don't want you getting hurt up there. You can't do anything stupid."

I pull back from his hug placing my hand on my chest and pretending to act offended. "When have I ever done anything stupid?" I ask. Grinning at Will's smile.

"Oh never." Will replies rolling his eyes.

I huff and stand up turning away and crossing my arms over my chest.

I hear him sigh as he places a hand on my shoulder to keep me from leaving. "I'm not saying you've done anything stupid Carter. I'm saying that you can't do something stupid up north... I don't want you getting hurt.

I uncross my arms and turn to face him. Smiling, I stand up on the bench we had just been sitting on and give him a small kiss on the cheek.

His face is covered in shock as I laugh at him. After coming back to his senses he smirks at me. Then he turns away. "Come on." he says. I stare at his back for a moment confused. "Do you want a piggy-back ride or not? he ask.

I laugh grabbing on to his shoulders and wrapping my legs around his waist. "Are we ready to go miss?" Will asks turning around to face me.

I giggle at his fancy accent as he starts walking over to his car.

"Is that as fast as you can walk? I've seen a baby taking their first steps walk faster." I say.

"Calm down women!" He says as I laugh as he starts running to his car

***

I stare at my clothes sitting on my floor. Why couldn't I just turn around and when I turned back they would all magically appear in my suitcase.

I sigh. Opening my suitcase and placing my hiking boots in.

This is going to be a long day.

After about another half-hour of getting all my clothes to fit, everything was finally packed. I fell onto my back exhausted from trying packing everything.

I stare at the walls of my room. My eyes landed on the shelve above my dresser. I sigh standing up and walking over to it. There's nothing really there, just a picture of me with Riley and Katie. A few swimming medals from years ago. And then to the far right of the shelve is a family photo from 6 years ago. We took the photo the day before our parents left to travel around the world, a week after my brothers 18th birthdays, 5 days after my brothers were granted custody over me.

I remember the day after my parents left, I had only been 11 at the time. That's the reason Blake didn't start college until he was 20... because of me. Both of my brothers agreed I was too young to be left alone before and after school. Kris started college at 18 but dropped out early... because of me.

When my parents left us I thought it was my fault, that I had driven them away from us. I had breakdowns at school all the time. It was no easier at home. Blake tried to convince me that they left because of work, that they still loved us.

I didn't believe them.

Kris and Blake both panicked, they called our parents and told them about what was happening with me. They flew in the next day, and told me the same things Blake had told me... that they still loved me. That's how I got the necklace I where everyday. My mom bought it for me saying that she was always with me ever when she was far away.

Blake and Kris both didn't continue in college until I was more stable, which took around 2 years. I knew it wasn't my fault anymore, but I grew angry at my parents for leaving me. I loved my brothers I really did. But I never got the kind of experience that every teenage girl hated. Everyday I heard new stories of how someone was grounded, or their mom wouldn't let go to the movies, or their dad was making them sign up to play a sport. Everyone hated those times, while I wanted to have some kind of relationship with my parents, even if we got into arguments all the time. At least I would know them.

"Carter? Carter, hey are you okay?"

I turn around not realizing I had zoned out. Kris and Blake stand in my doorway worried expressions plastered on their faces. I run over to where their standing giving them a giant bear-hug.

"Thank you." I say looking up at them.

"What for?" Blake asks, clearly confused.

"For putting up with me." I reply dropping my arms and taking a step back. "I know I've been a lot of trouble for you guys these last few weeks. And I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry Car." Says Kris. "You've always been trouble were used to it." I laugh as Blake punches him on the arm.

"What he's trying very badly what to say is that you're are our sister Car. We love you. And even though you can be a pain in the butt sometimes. You're always going to be our little sister."

I engulf them in another bear-hug. "Okay so since we're good know can one of you get my bag?" I ask pulling away.

Kris rolls his eyes. "Sure thing kiddo. Everyone knows I'm the stronger brother anyways." He says flexing his muscles.

"What are you insane? I'm so much stronger than you!" Blake shouts.

After about a minute of them arguing whose the strongest I shout "GUYS! I don't care whose the strongest! You're both strong now will one of you please bring my bag downstairs, we're going to be late!"

"Relax kiddo." Says Kris "We still have another four hours to kill before we have to pick up your friends. That leaves us enough time for an arm wrestling contest. I'll show you whose the strongest!" He says turning to Kris.

"Boys." I say rolling my eyes and leaving my room.