| 4 |

semi and tendou returned to the building an hour later when everyone was taking a break. you were sitting on the bottom step when semi's motorcycle parked next to kiyoko's car.

"writing again?" semi asked and took his helmet off. your journal was in your lap and your pen was behind your ear since you couldn't think of any new lyrics.

"yeah."

"cool." he stepped behind you and walked up to the stair behind you.

"where's the new drum?" you asked, noticing that they came back empty-handed.

"in the back of reon's van." tendou answered and opened the back of the van revealing the spare drum. "I tend to break drums pretty often."

"so we always keep a spare." semi finished and peered down at your journal, but you noticed where he was looking and closed it.

"whatcha writing?" tendou asked and stuck the drum under his arm.

"stuff." you gave him the same answer you gave semi earlier.

"what stuff?" tendou sat down on the stairs next to you and nudged you to the side for semi to sit between you two.

"stuff you two don't need to know." you stood up and smacked the top of both their heads with the journal.

"but you've been writing in it all day." semi exaggerated the last two words.

"I have not."

"you can't keep secrets from us. we're supposed to be bonding." tendou laid down and looked up at you. the drum was now on the stairs next to him, his knee in the way so it wouldn't roll down.

"maybe if you stop staring at me all the time we could actually get somewhere." you said and started walking back upstairs.

"you're hot! what can I say?" semi shrugged.

"well thanks." you were never really that happy with being complimented hot by a guy. with girls yeah that was cool. like saeko. but it kind of felt uncomfortable around guys.

semi waited until you were out of earshot until he asked tendou a question. "what did I fuck up?"

"called her hot." tendou stood up and grabbed the drum.

"well does she want me to lie and call her ugly?" semi followed tendou up the stairs.

"there are different ways of complimenting!" tendou opened the door and walked over to fix his drum set.

you were having your first official conversation with ushijima. semi didn't want to talk to anyone so he moved to stand next to tendou.

"why are you so fucking clingy?" tendou asked while he worked.

"I don't wanna talk to them." semi answered.

"you're gonna have to," tendou took off the broken drum and put it on the floor. "you have the hots for the drummer so go talk to her."

"I said I think she's attractive not that I like her."

"okay." tendou went back to ignoring semi and fix his drum.

semi grabbed his guitar and walked over to the couch that was in the room and laid his back on it. then he let his legs hang over the armrest and started to just brush his fingers against the string to creating the smallest sounds.

"we should go to a bar after this." semi said to reon.

"we leave this place at six."

"so? that's the perfect time to go."

"he just wants the girls." ushijima sat down next to semi who shrugged. "and to show off his motorcycle too."

"that's half the reason he bought it." reon commented.

"i just want to go to a bar? is anyone gonna come with me or am I going alone?" semi snapped.

"yeah you're not going alone." reon said. "especially not when you're gonna drink and go on your motorcycle."

"ask the others." ushijima said and nodded over to you guys.

"bonding time." reon nodded.

"what? no." semi sat up and denied the request.

"too bad." ushijima said. "hey you guys wanna go to a bar later?"

"yes." you and saeko answered.

"um sure." yachi agreed.

"it'll be fun." kiyoko said picked up her bass.

"oh great." semi groaned and laid back down.

"shut up eita." you said and threw your drumstick over at him.

"don't call me eita." he glared and threw the stick back at you.

"my bad eita."

"you're a pain in the ass."

"back at you." you said and sent a sarcastic smile to him.

"you're both a pain in the ass," tendou said and you turned your head to him. "i don't like you more than him though." he pointed both drumsticks at you.

"why?"

"because you're almost as good as a drummer I am."

"you just complimented her." semi pointed out and stood up.

"I take my sentence back." tendou said once he realized his mistake.

"too late," you shook your head. "those words will forever be stuck in my mind."

"do I get a compliment back?" tendou asked.

"not until you earn it."

"then what are we doing just standing here? everyone pick up your instruments and play!" tendou said and began warming up.

"I just want a drink." semi mumbled and threw his guitar strap over his head.

"maybe if you actually play we'll finish and you can go woo girls with your motorcycle and then go drive drunk and drive off a cliff." you said and semi rolled his eyes.

"never gotten into a accident before."

"well there's a first to everything isn't there?"

"yeah maybe you'll be in the back of my motorcycle when I do."

"and when am I ever gonna be on your motorcycle."

"there's a first to everything isn't there?" he mocked.

"okay you two shut up and play." reon was the first to stop whipping his head back between you two.

you two both raised your hands up and looked away from each other.

"well that was interesting." saeko said and picked up her guitar. "you guys should do that more often. it's our only form of entertainment in this place."

"yeah since none of you will get along and write something together." kiyoko said and looked mostly at four people. you, semi, tendou, and saeko.

"we're trying." you said. "they're making it hard to like them."

"I think it's the other way around." semi said and looked down at his guitar.

"no, I think I was right."

"I think you're wrong."

"would you two just shut up?"