Waste It On Me

Your feet were on a rumble.

Catching your breath, you continued to run under the cloudy skies while wearing the most mismatched outfit you could get out of your belongings. In a white midi-skirt, strikingly oversized red jacket, and bulky brown rubber shoes, you rushed outside of the orphanage after being held back early in the morning to do some chores. You've told the care-taker repeatedly that you were seeing off a friend at a certain time but it seemed to skip their head. Running out of seconds, you grabbed whatever clothes you could get your hands on and changed out of your tattered cleaning clothes.

"Jimin!"

There, standing on the bus stop where you first met, Jimin quickly turned his head to the sound of your voice. His lips immediately broke into a smile as a wave of relief settled upon you. Standing in front of him, you crouched down to catch your breath and calm your thumping heart. Jimin immediately let go of his bags to hold you up by your arms.

"Woah, slowly," he said in concern.

"I thought you left already!" you exclaimed, composing yourself, "So I ran..." you drifted off, scratching the back of your head.

Jimin laughed, taking in your presence and realizing that you really rushed to get to him. He felt heat travel to his cheeks; too smitten. With open arms, he gestured to you cutely by pouting his lips.

A smile made its way to your face before closing the space between you. You latched into his embrace, holding each other tightly.

"I'll miss you." he whispered into your hair as you held back your tears. You didn't want to stain his white long-sleeved polo tucked in his black pants.

Softly humming into his chest, your tongue was completely tied. You found yourself unable to verbalize how much you'll await his return because you wished you didn't have to. It was bizarre and selfish on your part, you slowly realized. After all, you knew Jimin would come back.

Maybe, you just had enough of seeing people leave.

"Is it okay, if I call you on your phone sometimes?" you asked carefully, slowly backing up from the hug.

Meeting your gaze, Jimin's eyes mimicked crescent moons as he gave you a doting smile. He held your waist affectionately once you placed your hands on his shoulders.

"I want you to call me every time you feel like it."

You snickered, an amused smile playing on your lips. Other than being casually sweet and caring, Jimin was a natural tease; confident in his actions and words.

"And if you're busy?" you inquired back, playing along and challenging him.

"I'll drop anything for you." he declared, exaggeratedly serious; like in the dramas played on the television. You knew he was definitely toying with you.

After a few seconds, both of you broke into a laugh with cringing expressions.

"That's impossible."

Your laughter toned down as the sight of a bus came rolling into view. As your smile morphed into a wistful one, you took a step back. Jimin picked up his bags, feeling his heart grow heavy with longing even when you were still there.

"I'll call you once I arrive at Seoul." he said earnestly this time. You nodded your head as melancholy gripped you.

Reality dawned over the blithesome atmosphere as the bus stopped and the driver opened the doors for Jimin.

"Take care, Minie." you called out as he turned his back and stepped into the bus.

You watched him sit by the window, waving at you with one last smile. Mustering up all your strength and shrugging off your inevitable reminiscing, you smiled and waved back until the bus was gone.