The Truth Untold

"Why did you do that?"

"To make you stop crying, of course! I saw once in the TV where the guy kissed the crying girl then she stopped crying!"

Jungkook held in his breath.

The sea moved in gargantuan waves, violently washing over the sand. As the night completely took over, he could feel his own cheeks drenched with your tears. The land beneath his feet mimicked quick sands, slowly devouring his being as reality inched back into his senses.

You felt the fireworks for yourself; but you have long been acquainted with their nature— they only exist in a mere second. As the temperature continued to drop, you slowly fluttered your eyes open and carefully moved away from your best friend.

The feather-like weight of Jungkook's lips on yours gradually dissipated.

Jungkook didn't want to open his eyes, tears brimming on their own accord. Old memories of you and him kept replaying in his head and how much he wanted this moment—

How much he wanted to tell you the truth.

But he could hear you sniffling while attempting to stand on your own two feet.

Jungkook shakily let out a breath, tears finally cascading down to his chin as he opened his eyes. His vision was practically spinning as he scrambled to halt you from stepping any farther from him. With both of his feet planted on the grainy sand, he watched your quivering back and heard your muffled sobs.

The world crumbled along with the daylights.

Gently but desperately, Jungkook wrapped his arms around you, pressing his torso to your back. You could feel every anguished pulse from your heart as you racked your brain for any sentence to come out of you; but all you could do was cry out of the inexplicable.

The inexplicable— reeling from ever falling in love with Jungkook again.

You didn't understand. This is what you wanted since childhood but why didn't it feel right?

Turning around, you tightly reciprocated the embrace, attempting to pull Jungkook closer when all these years, you knew, you were worlds apart. No words were uttered between you; confused and tormented by the sound of each other's uncontrollable sobbing.

Life was cutting through so loud, unpredictable waves of the sea and the howling wind reminding you of such. Both of you sought the familiar warmth in each other's presence in attempts to ease the harsh cold truth of growing up with the distance. However, no matter how close you held each other, your bodies shook with overwhelmed cries.

"It's cold." you croaked through tears, gently lifting your head from Jungkook's shoulder. "We should go." your voice was almost inaudible, layered with intense dejection.

Raking in Jungkook's eyes with your gaze, what seemed like mountains of pain perched their way to the stars once nestling upon his stare. His expression was completely sullen and hopeless in trying to pause from dancing around the chance that the universe seemed to have given. He delicately held you by the waist, afraid that you might drift away like crisp autumn leaves.

Jungkook couldn't stop remembering the day he met you. He thought kisses were meant to dry away tears; but as your eyes looked like stained glass beneath the night sky, all he could do was furrow his eyebrows in utter confusion and desperation out of yearning for denouement.