Dear No One

You hurried on your feet to the nearest telephone box as the rain started to pour down heavily. The world was truly not on your side, realizing that you forgot your umbrella. Drenched from head-to-toe, you sighed heavily as you rummaged for coins in your pocket. You shakily inserted them in the coin slot, chills running up your arms.

"Good afternoon, this is [Y/N]. Is Jungkook home?" you asked, clutching yourself in attempt to feel warmth.

"I'm sorry, but Mr. Jeon advised us that Jungkook shall not take calls during this time for him to focus on his studies after school."

Your throat went dry, pain settling uncomfortably in your chest. You were looking forward to calling him after doing extra chores in the orphanage for coins. After all, Jungkook was your motivation and you haven't called each other for months. However, as expected, the distance between you two became too evident.

Gripping the phone tight, you looked up the telephone box as you blinked your tears away.

"Oh, I see. M-May you at least let him know I called?" you said, sounding a little desperate. Your teeth started to chatter, the cold rain seeping through your uniform.

"Certainly."

The sound of the hung up phone filled your ears as you heaved a deep sigh. Placing back the phone on the holder, you looked outside the blurry glass of the phone booth. Luckily, no one was waiting for their turn on the booth since it was outdated anyway. For a while, you stayed in it; waiting for the rain to stop.

"Please go away, rain." you muttered under your breath, attempting to dry yourself as you quivered in the cold.

It seemed like the rain wasn't stopping at any given second, making you sigh and look through the phone box. With the atmosphere and the constant yearning for Jungkook's presence, you felt your heart thump weakly. You rubbed at your chest; with hopeful thinking that it will feel less empty as you do so. As you watched the raindrops cascade around you, you figured that you might as well just walk under the rain.

"Well, here goes nothing. Why did I forget my umbrella today?" you talked to yourself, stepping out of the booth.

The rain pelted your body as you walked back to the orphanage. Ever since you were young, you weren't fond of the rain. You remembered how Jungkook would sing to you or cheer you up whenever it was raining and he made you forget how much you hated it. It's been two years since you last heard him sing during the rain, standing beside him before the huge window at the orphanage's lobby.

Tears rolled down your eyes, uniting with the raindrops falling. You felt lonely underneath the grey skies, wishing for company as you trudged by.

"Hm, why is it so hard to save up for a cellphone?!" you randomly blamed for the lack of friendships, words joining the blear.

You got along with everyone; but no one stayed as close friends to you nor were you as essential to them. Sure, you socialized and attended hangouts occasionally; you tried to remove your fear of heartaches but they didn't want to be involved with you.

As your high school years passed by, you focused on studying instead and maintaining your communication with Jungkook. Even if he would no longer call you, and your trips to the phone box were repeatedly rejected, you wrote to him weekly. He continued to reply, telling you all about his trainings and studies, new friends, and new... life.