Paper Hearts

"Where even is that?"

Taehyung's question went over your head, too astounded by the white chic ornaments of the lobby that welcomed you. Attempting to hide your gawking, you chose to follow your friends to the grand-looking elevator situated at the end.

"It's on the top floor. I'll press the button." Seokjin said, fixing his suit.

"No, I'll do it!" Taehyung insisted, manning the elevator control.

"You pressed the wrong one!"

Seokjin sighed and replaced Taehyung by the front of the elevator, slightly bickering with the younger. Jimin giggled beside you, casually holding your right hand with his left. Having your backs against the other side of the parallel walls of the elevator, Hoseok threw the both of you a teasing gaze, eyes flickering from your clasped hands and back to your faces. You could only reply with a sheepish smile, directing your attention back to Seokjin and Taehyung's playful banter while Namjoon and Yoongi had matching endeared reactions to them by shaking their heads.

After a few more seconds, the elevator ride came to a standstill, igniting the sudden rapid beating of your heart. In the whole span of your existence, you never really thought that you would be one day walking down Hyundai's lavish halls, cladded in a formal dress among your friends in their black suits. Gargantuan brown double doors coming into sight, Jimin noticed your uneasiness; giving you a concerned look before squeezing your hand lightly.

"Chairman Kim." the receptionist of the event bowed to the new head of Kim Enterprises, your dear friend, Seokjin.

You felt the air in your lungs get knocked out. Stepping inside the venue, your skin was bathed in a vivid cerulean light, immediately setting the ambiance. The extensive hall was filled with tables of catering food to the left and arranged round tables; all adorned with a variety of flowers that reminded you of the year's current season: spring.

"Come on. Our table is over there." Seokjin led the way, bowing to the other guests of the business dinner party.

Honestly, the lot of you was a sight to see, sticking together with nervous but wondrous expressions on your faces. To you and the rest of your friends, the people that you encountered along the trail were extremely unrecognizable.

"Wait... our table is at the front?!" Yoongi whispered in disbelief.

"Don't ask me! This is Jungkook's doing!" Seokjin whispered back, pulling a chair from the front row table. 

At the mention of your childhood best friend's name, an intense feeling of longing and a spike of excitement crept its way from the pit of your stomach and to the crevices of your heart. The last time you saw each other was a whole year and a few months ago, before you left for the Student Exchange Program in Japan. Though you communicated sporadically in the expanse between, you and Jungkook were expectedly caught up in the different paths you had to take; much like the previous years.

"Remember when you used to ditch these kind of parties, hyung?" Namjoon chimed in reminiscence.

Seokjin could only smile at the distant memory. It was already springtime of 2017, each of you pursuing your own ways but definitely, still finding your way back to one another from time-to-time. Waiting for the event to start, you fell into a short conversation about updates regarding one another's lives.

"That's a nice ring you got there, [Y/N]." Namjoon pointed out across the table, the corners of his mouth stretching into a smile.

"You too, Jimin." Hoseok said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

You glanced down at the ring around your left pinky finger, matching the one Jimin was wearing. Both silver rings had a simple 'knot' design, customized to fit both of you perfectly.