Rain

It was due to a rainy day that the children had to stay inside. Daycare sessions and classes were postponed and all of you were advised to wear thick clothing that the orphanage barely even had for everybody.

Gazing from the window pane, you were completely mesmerized by the sky despite its dark shades and gloomy appearance. Like always, Jungkook was staring at you, clearly investigative on why you had spaced out in the midst of doing chores (in this instance, wiping the windows). He stood next to you, looking outside behind the window's glass, his eyes widened in realization.

"[Y/N]..." he whispered your name softly, staring at your aloof form.

Jungkook stretched out his arm, placing a hand on your shoulder. He nuzzled your shoulder with his thumb, his eyebrows scrunching down a little. You softly averted your gaze away from the window, turning to meet Jungkook's intensive gaze. His eyes renounced all fear of the loud thunders that you had despite taking interest at the appearance of the storm. The storm looked bold, huge and dangerous; yet the enormity of the clouds looked majestic and powerful, especially with lightning. The gust of wind was strong and overbearing, yet it all seemed powerful and just dangerously beautiful.

The storm, was like Jungkook's gaze— at least to you, it was.

His gaze was always intense, powerful, strong and overbearing. When he could not speak through his words, he spoke with his eyes; evoking what he truly wants to say. Sometimes, his gaze felt dangerous; cause he found no obstacle in unraveling you and you could not really lie to his face. How could you? With his big and doe-like eyes, how could you? You can't— you couldn't.

"I'm not scared, I swear." you said in a convincing voice.

You were caught captive, drinking his gaze with your eyes as well. He was clearly in disbelief, concerned, and confused. However, as you stared back, his gaze softened slowly and he understood.

"Liar." he said, hitting your head in a joking manner.

Rubbing at your head and glaring at him slightly, you stuck your tongue out to tease him and also unknowingly dodge the topic. Jungkook was not easily swayed by your silence, pressing his lips into a thin line while he further suspected you for being scared. He wasn't wrong; especially when you slightly flinched due to the abrupt sound of thunder.

You waited for Jungkook to tease you about it, considering how playful he could get sometimes; however, he uttered no word. Sighing softly, he looked down and thought really hard about something that had you raising your eyebrow at him. After a minute, he exhaled once more, looking as if he made up his mind.

"I'm gonna sing you a song that will surely make you forget the scary sound of the thunder." he said, smiling bashfully afterwards.

Your eyes lit up, a smile escaping your lips. Continuously wiping the windows, Jungkook began to clear his throat.

"Really? You're not shy?" you said, making sure if he was comfortable about it.

"Not with you, of course! You're... my best friend." he said, turning even more coy than before as his cheeks betrayed his words.

Giggling, you nodded your head in acknowledgement and felt excitement grow within you at the thought of hearing Jungkook's sweet voice.

Jungkook had a hard time hiding his smile, clearing his throat for the nth time. He looked down for a moment, thinking of a song to sing to you.

"There are three bears in a house—"

With mischief lingering in his eyes, Jungkook bursted out laughing when he saw your expression twist in a matter of seconds. Your expectations were crushed, glaring at Jungkook. However, seeing Jungkook smile so widely and laugh his lungs out while attempting to sing more lines, brought you to fail at keeping your smile as well.

"Not funny, Jungkook." you sauntered, attempting to keep your unamused demeanor as you tried to bring the corner of your lips down.

"Father bear, mother bear, baby bear!"

You covered your face, giggling while shoving Jungkook away. Getting a glimpse of your smile behind your hands, Jungkook tried to pry away your hands from your face.

"Father bear is chubby!" Jungkook continued.

Continuing to sing the nursery song, Jungkook felt ebullient to see you smile and laugh instead of being anxious of the thunder. You, on the other hand, had yourself fawning over Jungkook's voice even if he was only singing a nursery song. You were so focused and amused that your mind continuously dismissed the small sounds of thunder that continued to fade away as time passed by. Jungkook continued to sing until he reached the end, laughing with you.

"See? I made you smile and laugh. You didn't even notice that it stopped raining." he said, pointing outside the window.

You turned to the window, seeing that it indeed stopped raining even if the skies were still somehow dark. Meeting Jungkook's gaze and lovely smile, you could not stop the smile playing on your lips. You pounced on him, engulfing him in a tight and quick embrace.

"Jungkook is a genius. Ugh, your mind." you playfully said while chuckling a little.

Jungkook simply laughed at your statement as he felt himself radiating with immense happiness. With his gaze never leaving yours, you confirmed that it was indeed like the storm.

"Thank you." you sweetly and sincerely added.

Scrunching up his nose, Jungkook grabbed the rag and resumed on wiping the windows clean. You mimicked him, jumping to reach the top part of the window.

"You know, they said it was raining when my parents left me here." you softly added.

"Is that another reason why...?" Jungkook asked, halting from wiping the windows to look your way.

You simply nodded your head, proceeding with doing the chore you were assigned to.

"I guess, I just can't help but remember that whenever I hear the thunder." you said, giving off a sad smile.

"I'll sing to you whenever there's thunder or rain then." Jungkook nonchalantly and adamantly said.

Giving off a laugh, you glanced at Jungkook who questioningly became embarrassed after saying those words. You tilted your head a little, watching him scratch the back of his neck and look down before shrugging and wiping the wall instead.

"That's wonderful of you, Koo. You do know that you have a good voice, right?" you complimented.

Jungkook turned more bashful after that, laughing a little even if he was really flattered and grateful for receiving a praise from you.

"Thank you, [Y/N]. I'll be singing to you non-stop when there's rain then!"