For You

The atmosphere was frigid.

Reaching the peak of the high staircase, Jungkook stopped for a moment to gawk at the extravagance of their house. He marveled at the high ceiling and chandelier, down to the grand piano settled at the ground. Although he had been staying with the Jeons— and is a Jeon— for more than a year, he was still adjusting to his new life.

Jungkook's father is the CEO of South Korea's Hyundai Motors. When he learned that his wife isn't able to have kids, they immediately set out to adopt a child; preferably, a son.

"Jungkook, darling? Is that you?"

"Yes, mom!" he exclaimed, snapping out of his daze.

Mrs. Jeon stepped out of the masters' bedroom, smiling at the sight of Jungkook coming home from school. With open arms, she engulfed her son in a hug.

"Who brought you home? I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up. There's a lot of work today." Mrs. Jeon said in a dulcet tone. Jungkook shook his head, "It's okay, mom. You should rest." he answered politely.

"How was school? The maid already prepared your clothes on your bed. Make sure to change into that before we go."

"Go where?" Jungkook asked in confusion, tilting his head to the side. His mom only smiled, "We have a small business party to attend to. Dad's already waiting for us there." she explained.

Jungkook nodded in acknowledgement, mentally preparing himself for another series of half-hearted conversations. The moment Jungkook met the couple, he knew he was going to be pressured and trained to fit in a whole new society. It was nerve-racking; but Jungkook was thankful that someone wanted to give him a home. Internally, he was so grateful that he grew to be more of a pleaser as the expectations asked of him become emphasized.

Dressing up for the dinner party, his chest grew heavy while having to deal with such responsibilities. Sometimes, Jungkook felt like having to grow up quickly and be cautious with his movements; especially with the media. He started feeling alone in his head, not wanting to bring it up to his parents and new friends with the fear of displeasing them.

He made his way down the staircase, pushing his thoughts away.

"Sir, a letter from [Y/N]." one of his bodyguards approached him with a sealed envelope in hand. Jungkook quickly took the letter, excitement coursing through his veins.

My dearest Koo,

A smile instantly formed on his lips, fully opening the letter. Jungkook always loved it when you called him, "Koo" since he would feel that you were endeared by him. He read it again, grinning foolishly.

My dearest Koo,

Another Christmas has passed that you're not here with me. Although I understand the circumstances, it still sucks because I miss you so much. Somehow, snow is boring when there's no Jungkookie running around to hit me with it. Sitting on the sofa without you doesn't feel quite right too. I guess, I just really miss you. How's your week? We just got back to school again and I hope the teachers there aren't giving you so much work. I know you don't like studying that much.

I'm interested in your stories with your hyungs. They seem to be very caring and I wish I could meet them someday. I'm sorry if I can't entertain you as much. My days here are boring and repetitive. Most of the time, I wonder what you're up to and I just hope you're doing okay. Thank you for opening up to me about your worries last week. I want to hug you so bad and assure you that I'm here for you. Maybe we can call each other again when I get more coins and sneak out to a telephone box.