Chapter 1

Author's Notes: Please be aware that this story is written in the 2nd person. Having begun writing inserts over 10 years ago, I always wrote in the second narrative. It wasn't until after this story I swapped to third for even my inserts. 

I don't plan on changing it for many reasons:

1) Having been constantly lifted from and, with this being my most popular original work, I don't trust it won't just be taken to be sold without my knowledge. If somebody really wanted to do that, they'd have to edit it completely as no story is put up for sale in 2nd POV. And I know most thieves don't have that energy.

2) I do want to rewrite it completely in the future, as I have other plans for it. Changing the narrative to third and even giving the MC a name and appearance. To do that now, as I see this as a 'rough draft', would be silly.

3) The story is nearly done. I only have 25 chapters planned for it. 

4) There's something in the TOS that makes me uncomfortable here. It even makes me hesitant to finish it because of that reason. (You might have to go to AO3 to finish reading it if I lose the nerve to continue). All my links are in my bio.

I was using this story to escape some personal traumas I won't get into here. I thank those of you who have been patient and especially all of you who realize this story isn't for you and are kind to just exit out without a crude comment or bookmark. You guys are amazing, and I love you for that. ♥

With that out of the way, I hope those of you who don't mind the POV and what have you, enjoy what's here. ♥

The undead, goblins, ogres, and demons

The undead, goblins, ogres, and demons... they all ravaged this world, making any sort of peaceful life unobtainable. Villages had to pray their guards were well equipped to manage any onslaught of the races if they dared venture too closely. Some found, as the years went on, most couldn't stand a certain smell of incense that contained a wide variety of demon blood.

Lead the stronger beings to believe something of might died there, it would turn them away instantly.

But, as saddened as you were to confess this, it wasn't just those beasts you should watch out for. Even mankind itself could be cruel and disinterested in your well being.

If you were more aware of your surroundings, you would have seen it coming. You would have noticed the strange men watching you closely and mentally mapping out your day by day activities. You always wanted to believe the better in others. However, that saw you captured from your home late one night.

You were gagged, tied up and thrown into a cart parked just outside of the town in the cover of night. You were going to be sold to gods only knew where. Maybe some aristocrat that wanted some 'pretty little thing' to accompany him.

The very thought made you sick. The many days and nights of travel were agonizing. You were alone in this cage, making you bring your knees to your chest and sob softly.