Chapter 11

Demiurge despawned the carriage and felsteed, as he hurried towards the oasis not far from view. "Quickly now!" he ordered over his shoulder.

You tried to keep up, still turning to look at the oncoming storm that was rushing towards you both at an ungodly speed. It appeared to grow in size, consuming whatever life was in its path with great urgency.

The devil tugged on your wrist once more, managing to get you close enough to his side to where he could shift you into his arms. Embracing his neck to keep yourself balanced, you looked about in a fit of surprise. He was far stronger than you gave him credit for.

The moment you were in his care, Demiurge tore off ahead at such speed that everything about you became a blur. The air was nearly pushed from your breast at how thin the gale about you became.

The mouth of a cave was within the devil's crystalline view the moment he stepped foot upon the oasis' grass. A growl rumbling in his throat, he felt the all too familiar power biting at his heels. Regardless, he was fast enough to finally make it within the confines of the cave. The might of the sandstorm attempted to follow you both within, only to have Demiurge raise his hand and block out the attack with a spell of his own.

A barrier made of a bright purple color formed a spider web type design near the entrance, making the sand barrel against it with great force. You could easily see Demiurge having no problems holding the barrier. Whatever this was, was hardly a challenge for him whatsoever.

The devil's lip curled as a growl clicked in his throat. "Away with you!" he demanded with a snap of his fangs, motioning his hand like he was directing a singer on stage.

In a single gesture, the once roaring winds were silenced to a gentle breeze.

He stood still, tail tensed and his body equally so. Demiurge's hand slapped to his side as he wobbled for a mere moment before running his fingers through his black hair.

"D-Demiurge?" you stammered. In the past, you would say it was merely a sandstorm and nothing more. However, the king of demons felt more alarmed for some reason. "Are you all right?"

He swallowed harshly, nodding at your concerns. "I am just fine, my love." In haste, he was at your side where he knelt before you to make sure you were in turn. "What of you?"

Your fingers coiled about his wrist in a tender motion, holding his hand close to your face as you nodded. "I-I'm fine too." Glancing over his shoulder, you asked, "What was that? It wasn't just a sandstorm, was it?"

Demiurge expelled a sigh of annoyance. "It wasn't. If it was, I could have easily seen through its troubles as we ventured to The Abaddon Circle." He looked back at the mouth of the cave, just to make certain nothing else would come about to surprise him. "That was no doubt my damn brother..."

You inhaled sharply. "He can alter the weather like that?"

"I am to surmise so." Demiurge got to his feet, heading to the mouth of the cave to make certain nothing else was on the horizon. The sandstorm was bellowing once more in the distance, creating another noxious cloud that would attempt to suffocate you both yet again. Demiurge growled angrily to himself as he noted the weather wouldn't allow him to continue any further for a time. "I know you're out there, brother." The words hissed soundlessly about the cave, Demiurge not meaning for you to take note of them. He shook his head, returning to your side. "We may need to wait for a time."

You brought your knees to your chest. "For how long? Won't the leader of The Abaddon Circle be expecting us?"

"He will be, but if I must, I'll send a message to him to explain our minor delay." Demiurge sat at your side, urging you closer to where he could keep you safe and protected. "If need be, I will venture out there and attack my brother headon." His words rumbled threateningly in his throat. "Given his intentions, I should attack him regardless and put an end to his life if it's my mate he so yearns for."