Chapter 20

Belmertoh worked hard on the design with your thought in mind. He crafted a plike royal blue hooded cloak that could be tied near your abdomen with golden trim. An off white sleeveless top that flared to the left side with a light-blue modestly slit dress brought the gown together. You were relieved the tailor at least hid the mark created by Demiurge.

As Belmertoh was making certain the dress wasn't too long, he paused. "Something the matter?" He noted your mind wandering.

You smiled briefly, shaking your head. "I am... just thankful you thought to cover up Demiurge's mark. The last thing I wish to have happen is Lord Jaldabaoth find a way to rip that off of my body somehow..."

The devil's brow twitched, his nostrils flared to expel a sigh. "Mm, well, all he would be able to do is just that. The mark Lord Demiurge implanted upon you is forever ingrained in your skin via magical means. Even if Lord Jaldabaoth ripped the skin from you, it would still heal back the mark. I'd rather do this to be certain he forgets it exists."

The tailor was being awfully thoughtful for someone you just met. "Thank you for...your kindness."

"You've already thanked me for that, my Lady," Belmertoh reminded you, grunting as he got back to his feet.

"Well, I thank you again."

He stifled a small laugh in understanding. "As for the topaz, I will see about getting the jeweler to craft something for you. Sadly, he won't be able to get that finished till maybe a few days from now." Belmertoh looked at the outfit, making certain it was flawless. "As is, I will say the dress is completed. When I get the other order in, I will send it to you in the castle."

You nodded with a smile.

Nyala hopped forward, grabbing onto your leg to get a better look at the attire. "You look pretty." Her tail swished to and fro.

You smiled at her, reaching down to pick her up and hold her close to your body. "Thank you, sweetie."

To keep yourself sane throughout the rest of the day, you tried to just replay the dream sequence with Demiurge again and again. Upon Jaldabaoth's return to your side, you found the numbness returning to your body. It was so difficult to feel anything in the moments leading up to venturing back to the castle.

Even upon your return, you were forced to endure his other women fawning over him relentlessly. They draped themselves over his body, telling him how wonderful he was. It made you stifle whatever heave of disgust you wanted to muster.

When they tried to come to you and offer the same admiration, you refused.

No man or woman could replace the emptiness in your heart.

"You've been quiet."

Jaldabaoth's voice brought you back to yourself, much to your dismay. "My mind is just...wandering, that's all."

He opened his hand, insisting you accept it. Remembering it would be wise to keep him distracted and forget about whatever Gerdu would do, you did so with much hesitation as the two of you walked back to the bedroom. "I forgot to tell you how lovely you look."

You could only take that with such honesty in his tone. Moving your lower lip inward, you bit back the desire to call him out on the lies he was probably sparing you.

"Your actions would say you don't believe me."

"Because...I don't..." you boldly added, looking at him out of the corner of your eye.

"Why so?"

The door to the bedroom you both shared was shut behind you, allowing you the privacy you needed. "You have women who can sate you and your ego, my Lord. Hardly, would I be needed to fulfill that need."