prologue

"Hey, Daddy." Elizabeth Swan said into the phone. "Hey, pumpkin. What's up?" Her father, Charlie Swan asked. "Well, I just wanted to let you know that Bella, Landon, and I are moving to Forks." Elizabeth told her father. She was very excited. She was always closer to her father than her mother, and he was the only one who didn't judge her when she got pregnant at fifteen. He supported her through anything. He was her best friend. "Really? That's amazing. When are you moving?" Charlie asked. "In a couple days. I can't wait to see you." Bella, Elizabeth's twin sister entered the room.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked. "Dad. Do you wanna say hi?" Bella shook her head. "Not really." "Dad, Bella says hi." Landon, Elizabeth's eighteen month old son toddled into the room. "Hi, baby. Say hi to grandpa." She said as she picked him up. "Hi gwandpa!" Landon shouted into the phone. "Hi, buddy. Alright, pumpkin, I gotta go. Duty calls." Charlie said. "Alright, bye Dad. Love you." Elizabeth responded and hung up the phone. She turned to Landon. "Are you excited?" "Yah!" He responded and Elizabeth gave him a kiss on the head.

                                                                                                      ***

The Cullen family was in their living room in their house just outside of Forks, Washington, when Alice Cullen got sucked into a vision. She saw her adopted brother, Edward, with a brunette girl, and her other adopted siblings, Rosalie and Emmett, with another blonde girl, and a small, blonde child. She came out of the vision with a gasp. "What did you see?" Her mate, Jasper, asked her. Edward read her mind and saw what she saw. "Alice, you're joking, right?" He asked. "Not at all." She whispered with a smile. They all heard her due to their enhanced hearing.

Edward stood up and stalked off. "What did you see, Alice?" Carlisle, their adoptive father, asked from his place beside his mate, Esme. "I saw them. They're moving here soon." Alice told them. "Who?" Emmett asked. "Edward's mate." "Alice, you said 'they'. Who else is coming?" Rosalie asked. Alice smirked at her and Emmett. "Your mate." She paused for a second. "And her son." "She has a son? How old is he?" Rosalie asked, excited. All she ever wanted was to be a mother. "I don't know exactly. He couldn't have been anymore than three."

"What's her name? How old is she? What does she look like?" Emmett asked, eager to find out more about his second mate. "I don't know, I don't know, and she's blonde. That's all I saw." Alice told them. "Do you have any idea on when she's coming?" Rosalie asked. "In a couple days, I think." Rosalie smiled to herself. She never thought she'd have one mate, let alone two. Or a kid. Emmett grabbed her hand and the two went upstairs to their bedroom, eager to talk about their other mate.