ii. we're vampires

"You guys like the new house?" Elizabeth asked as Edward and Bella walked back into the main house

"You guys like the new house?" Elizabeth asked as Edward and Bella walked back into the main house. Bella nodded. "Done already? Break a lot of stuff?" Emmett asked as Elizabeth sat down in his lap. Bella furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would we?" She asked. "You know, when you guys were..." Emmett trailed off. "Oh, yeah. You missed that. They're not together anymore." Elizabeth told him. "Where's Renesmee?" Bella asked. "Rosalie stole her." Seth said, looking out the window. The phone rang and everyone just stared at it.

"It's my dad. Again." Elizabeth said as Angela came into the room with Landon in her arms. Elizabeth took him from her. "He's been calling twice a day." Edward told Bella. "He's in pretty rough shape." Jacob said, entering the room and wrapping an arm around Angela. "Eventually, we'll have to tell him you didn't make it." Carlisle said. Elizabeth shook her head. "No, we can tell him the truth. Irina is his mate." She said. "Are you sure?" Carlisle asked. Edward nodded. "Elizabeth's right. He'll have to find out eventually." He said.

"I'm gonna miss this place." Emmett said, placing his head onto Elizabeth's shoulder. "We'll come back. We always do." Carlisle said. Bree, Embry, and Quil walked into the room. "Wait, we're leaving?" Bree asked. Quil took Landon into his arms. "Nobody said anything about leaving." Jacob said. "Once people believe Bella's dead, we can't risk anyone seeing her." Carlisle said. 

Elizabeth realized something. "Wait, that's gonna look kinda suspicious. She marries Edward, they go on their honeymoon, and then she dies? They're gonna think he killed her." She said. "You didn't think of that, did you?" Embry asked. Quil handed Landon over to Angela. And then him, Embry, Jacob, and Seth ran out of the house. "Charlie's about to find out." Edward said, reading their minds. "Oh. Great." Emmett said. 

                                                                                                    ***

"Look, we solved a problem." Jacob started off. "You were leaving." Seth added. "What did you expect us to do?" Jacob asked. "You don't realize the danger you've put him in. The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us." Bella said. "No, we didn't tell him about you. Just us." Embry told them. "We only said that you guys were different." Quil added. "And that we have a niece who we adopted. And then we got a divorce." Edward said. "I mean, seriously, he's not just gonna let that go." Elizabeth said.

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through?" Edward asked. "It'll be like sticking a white hot branding iron down her throat. And that's assuming she can control her thirst." He continued. "Look, Dad's been in hell. And I don't know about you, but I'll be much happier with him in our lives." Elizabeth said to her sister. "He'll be here in ten minutes." Jacob informed them. "What?" Bella exclaimed.

                                                                                               ***

"These will irritate your eyes at first." Alice said as she placed brown contacts into Bella's eyes. "The main thing is not to move too fast." Carlisle told her. "Try taking a seat. Crossing your legs." Esme suggested. Bella sped over to the chair in the corner and sat down. "Maybe a tad slower." Esme said. "And blink at least three times a minute." Alice said. Bella started blinking and wouldn't stop. "Good." Alice lied through her teeth. "For a cartoon character." Jacob commented.

"Hold your breath. It will help with the thirst." Carlisle said. "Just don't forget to move your shoulders so it looks like you're breathing." Edward added. "And don't sit so straight." Rosalie said. "Humans don't do that." Elizabeth said. "Slouch a little bit." Bella stood up. "Okay. I got it." She said. "Move around, blink, slouch." Everyone chuckled before they heard Charlie pull into the driveway. "Good luck." Esme whispered as everyone besides Bella, Edward, and Jacob left the room.

                                                                                              ***

"Elizabeth!" Charlie called out as his daughter walked back up to the main house. "Hi, Daddy." Elizabeth said, giving him a hug. They pulled away and they started walking. "What are you?" Charlie asked. Elizabeth laughed nervously. "What do you mean?" She asked. "I know that Jacob, Embry, Quil, and Seth are wolves. They said you guys were different." Charlie said. Elizabeth sighed before she turned to face her father. "We're vampires." She admitted. Charlie's eyes widened. "You're... What?" He asked.

"You heard me. Vampires." Elizabeth repeated. Charlie's eyebrows furrowed. "Normally I wouldn't be telling you this, but since your soulmate is a vampire, I figured I'd just be easier to hear it from me." Elizabeth said. "Soulmate?" Charlie questioned. "Yes, Irina. Our cousin from Denali." Elizabeth said. "How long have you been like this?" Charlie asked. "Six months." Elizabeth responded. "I was turned by a nomad the day Emmett and Rosalie came back. By the time they realized what was happening, it was too late to do anything." She explained.

"And Bella?" Charlie asked. "A few days. Renesmee was born while she was still human and it killed her. Edward and I turned her at the last minute." Elizabeth said. Charlie leaned against his police cruiser in the driveway. "This is weird." He commented. Elizabeth giggled. "Yeah." She responded. She sighed. "Daddy, you can't tell anybody about this. It could end badly for all of us." She said. Charlie shook his head. "I won't." He said. "Is Bree also a vampire?" He asked. Elizabeth nodded. "The nomad who turned me also turned Bree. Except Bree was meant to be part of an army designed to kill Bella. I saved her."

Charlie sighed. "You always did have a motherly instinct. Even before you had Landon." He said. "That's why I get along with the wolves so well." Elizabeth said. "Speaking of the wolves, what's up with that?" He asked. Elizabeth tilted her head in confusion. "The protection over you, Bree, Angela, and Renesmee." Charlie clarified. "It's called imprinting. They're meant to be our protectors." Elizabeth explained. Charlie nodded. "Well, I should go." He said, opening the door to his police cruiser. "Don't be a stranger. Please." Elizabeth said as she closed the door for him.