viii. you're absolutely glowing

Elizabeth's eyes shot open and she sat up. She immediately noticed that she was in Carlisle's office at the Cullen house, but everything seemed clearer, brighter. Elizabeth looked around confused. The last thing she remembered was Victoria biting her, and then everything turned black. Victoria. She was bitten. Elizabeth stood up. She went to walk over to the mirror on the wall but was there within seconds. Her eyes were sill their normal shade of a bluish grey. Elizabeth opened her mouth to see small fangs. That meant only one thing. She was a vampire.

Elizabeth sped to the door and opened it. "Emmett? Rosalie?" She called out before racing downstairs to the living room. Emmett and Rosalie ran in. "How are you awake?" Rosalie asked. "The transition takes three days to complete." She said in shock. Carlisle entered the room. "Elizabeth is a shared mate. Therefore, the transition takes less time." He explained. "Although, I'm not too sure the venom spread all the way to your heart. I can still hear it." He continued. "I can still feel it." Elizabeth admitted. "Huh, strange." Carlisle said. Alice entered the room. "It's ready." She said with a smirk on her face.

"What's ready?" Elizabeth asked. Rosalie and Emmett held out their hands and Elizabeth grabbed onto them. Suddenly, they were in the middle of the woods. "That's gonna take some getting used to." Elizabeth said. "You hungry?" Emmett asked. Elizabeth shrugged. "A little bit." She said. "Let's go eat." Emmett said. They sped to a more open area. There was a deer there. "When do I..." Elizabeth trailed off. "You'll know." Rosalie said. Elizabeth crouched down. The deer must've felt eyes on it because its head snapped up. The deer looked around before it started to run. Elizabeth jumped up and tackled the deer, pinning it to the ground.

She leaned down and sunk her teeth into its neck. Her fangs punctured two holes in the deer's neck and the blood flowed into her mouth. She moaned at the taste. She looked up, blood trickling down her chin to see Emmett and Rosalie staring at her, eyes dark. Not even a second later, Elizabeth was pinned up against a tree. Rosalie wasted no time before slamming her lips to hers. She pulled away for a quick second. "Jump." She whispered. Elizabeth jumped up and wrapped her legs around Rosalie's waist as Rosalie slammed into the tree again, creating a dent. They pulled away from each other to see Emmett watching them intently.

Rosalie set Elizabeth back on the ground before seductively walking over to their other mate. She roughly kissed him before Emmett pulled away. Elizabeth's eyes watched their every move. "Rosalie." Emmett groaned. "What about the surprise?" He said. "Oh, yeah." Rosalie said, grabbing Elizabeth's hand and dragging her through the forest. "Close your eyes." She whispered. Elizabeth closed her eyes and felt Rosalie's hand on her waist. Every touch was now ten times multiplied. "Okay, and open." Elizabeth opened her eyes to see a wooden cottage.

" Elizabeth opened her eyes to see a wooden cottage

"Surprise!" Rosalie exclaimed. "What?" Elizabeth questioned. "It was meant to be a graduation gift, but we figured now would be a better time than anything." Emmett said. They led her to the door. "Welcome home." Rosalie said. "Here we don't have to hide." She said. "It's beautiful." Elizabeth said, spinning around in the entry way before turning to face her mates. "Now." Emmett said, picking her up. They sped to the bedroom and he threw her down onto the bed. "Now, Emmett, don't break the bed already." Elizabeth teased. "Hey, we don't have to hold back now."

                                                                                                 ***

Elizabeth wrapped herself up in the blankets, looking at her mates in awe. They looked at her in love and adoration. Rosalie leaned in a pressed a kiss against her forehead. "We've waited so long for you." She whispered. Emmett wrapped his arms around Elizabeth's waist. "And now we're never letting you go." Elizabeth nodded, before she drifted off to sleep.

                                                                                                 ***

"Break a lot of stuff?" Jasper asked as the three mates walked into the main house. Elizabeth just gave him a blank look. "Carlisle." Rosalie said. "Elizabeth fell asleep." She said. Everyone looked at her in confusion. "I don't know how it happened." The newborn vampire said. "I was just tired, and I fell asleep." She said. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed some chips from the cupboard. Everyone stared at her. "What? I'm hungry." She said. "You shouldn't be." Alice exclaimed.

"Elizabeth, maybe that's your gift." Esme offered. Elizabeth's eyes widened. "Like, being able to eat and sleep?" She asked. "It could also be the reason you still look the same and have a heartbeat." Jasper said. "You have the gift of humanity. You can do everything a human can do." Carlisle said. "Except..." He trailed off. "Except get pregnant." Elizabeth said. Carlisle nodded sadly. Edward walked into the room. Everyone turned to look at him. He walked over to Elizabeth and hugged her.

Elizabeth hugged him back in shock. She awkwardly patted him on the back. "Welcome to the family." Edward said. "Thank you." Elizabeth responded. Edward pulled away and pulled out a box. He handed it to her. Elizabeth opened it to see a ring with the Cullen family crest on it. She looked over to Carlisle. "You're officially part of the family now. Each one of us has one." Elizabeth smiled. She took the ring out of the box and slid it on her finger. "Perfect." She turned to face Emmett and Rosalie.

Their eyes stayed trained on her. They both walked over and kissed her gently. "Ours." They both whispered. Elizabeth felt a gust of wind and looked around to realize Edward had left the room. "Where'd Edward go?" She asked. Everyone but Alice also looked confused. She sighed. "Edward's mate is in the Volturi." She said. "What?" Everyone exclaimed. Alice nodded. "They've both known for centuries. Neither of them wanted to do anything about it. Until now. Edward wants to pursue it but his mate doesn't. So, Edward is stuck with Bella." Rosalie groaned. "Speaking of, you should probably go see her."

                                                                                                ***

"I'm home!" Elizabeth called out as her, Landon, Emmett, and Rosalie walked into the Swan house. "Elizabeth!" Bella exclaimed, running over to hug her twin. "You're absolutely glowing." Bella said, going in for a hug. She tensed up when she noticed that Elizabeth was colder than normal. She pulled away with a shocked look on her face. Elizabeth gave her a tight smile. Bella's scent was very strong. Although, Elizabeth didn't feel the urge to drink her or Charlie dry. "Are you pregnant again?" Charlie asked, taking in his oldest daughter's appearance. Elizabeth laughed. Charlie eyed Emmett. "No, definitely not." Elizabeth responded. 

Charlie kissed her on the forehead. "Alright, I have to go. Duty calls." He said before leaving the house. Once the door was closed, Bella turned to her sister. "What happened?" She asked. "Victoria." Elizabeth responded. "But you still look the same." Bella commented. "I have the gift of humanity, Bella. I'm basically still a human other than the fact that I'm gonna live forever." Bella gave her sister a fake smile. "I'm happy for you. Truly."