iii. i miss you guys

Today was Halloween

Today was Halloween. However, it was also Landon's second birthday. Elizabeth, Landon, and Charlie were going to the diner to celebrate. They were hoping Bella was also gonna come. Elizabeth went and knocked on her bedroom door. No answer. She slowly opened the door and peeked her head in. "Bella, it's Landon's birthday. We're going to the diner. You're welcome to join us." She said. Bella didn't say anything and just sat and stared out the window. "We're not leaving for another few minutes. So, just come down if you want to join us." Elizabeth said and closed the door.

"Uh, Elizabeth? Come down here." Charlie called out. Elizabeth hopped down the stairs and entered the living room where she saw her dad standing next to two giant boxes. "What's this?" She asked. Charlie shook his head. "I have no idea. It arrived while you were upstairs." He explained. Elizabeth shrugged and grabbed the smaller of the two boxes. It was really heavy. She opened it and saw lots of toys. There was a note on top. She grabbed it. "Happy birthday, Landon. Love Daddy, Mama, Nana, Papa, Auntie Alice, Uncle Jasper, and Uncle Edward." She read out. 

"The Cullens?" Charlie questioned. Elizabeth nodded. "Yeah, I still talk to them." Elizabeth said, giving Landon the box full of toys and moving to open the larger box. She opened it to see a giant teddy bear holding a bouquet of roses, lilies, and violets. There was a card attached to the bouquet. "Just a little something to remind you of us. Tell our boy we say happy birthday. Love, Emmett and Rosalie. PS, the flowers are fake." Elizabeth read out. "Emmett and Rosalie? You guys still together?" Charlie asked. Elizabeth nodded. Charlie sighed. "You happy?" "Yeah, Dad. I really am." She said. "Then that's all that matters to me."

                                                                                            ***

Months went by. Bella still didn't get any better. She would go to school, come home, stare out the window, go to bed, wake up screaming, repeat it all the next day. Christmas came and went, and so did New Years. Eventually, it was February. Elizabeth still talked to Rosalie and Emmett, and the rest of the Cullen family, every single day. "Alright, that's it." Charlie said when the twins got home from school one day. "What?" Bella asked. "Bella, you're going to Jacksonville. Live with your mother." Bella shook her head. "I'm not leaving Forks."

"Bells... He's not coming back." Charlie said. "I know." Bella responded after a moment's hesitation. "It's just not normal, this behavior. Quite frankly, it's scaring the hell out of us. And your mother. And your sister. And your nephew." Charlie continued. "Baby, I... I don't want you to leave. I don't, but just go. Go to Jacksonville. Make some new friends." "I like my old friends." Bella said. "Well, you never see em anymore." "I do, I... I'm... gonna, uh, go shopping, tomorrow with Jessica. You gonna come?" She asked Elizabeth. Elizabeth made a disgusted face. "No, thank you."

"You hate shopping." Charlie commented. "I... need a girls night out." "Alright. Girls night. Shopping. I like it. Go. Buy some stuff." Bella nodded and walked into the house. Charlie turned to Elizabeth. "What are you gonna do tomorrow night?" He asked. "Stay home and watch baseball with you?" Elizabeth suggested. Charlie chuckled and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "That's my girl."

                                                                                               ***

Elizabeth walked into the living room with a bowl of popcorn in one hand and a beer for Charlie and a soda for herself in the other hand

Elizabeth walked into the living room with a bowl of popcorn in one hand and a beer for Charlie and a soda for herself in the other hand. Charlie was sat on the couch with Landon on his lap as the baseball game started on the TV. "Thank you." Charlie said as Elizabeth handed him his beer. He opened it and took a swig of it before turning the TV down and looking down at Landon. "You know, I think it's time we get him a proper bed." He said. "Where are we gonna put it? The crib barely fits in my room." Elizabeth said. "We'll find a way."

Elizabeth's phone started ringing. It was Rosalie. Elizabeth looked over to her dad, not wanting to interrupt their time together. "It's okay. You can answer it." Charlie said. "You sure?" Charlie nodded. Elizabeth accepted the call and and put it on speaker. "Hey, sweetheart. What are you doing?" Rosalie asked. "Just watching baseball with my dad." Elizabeth responded. Charlie leaned in close to the phone in Elizabeth's hand. "Hi, Rosalie!" He shouted. "Okay, she can hear you. You don't need to get so close." Elizabeth said. Charlie moved back awkwardly.

Rosalie laughed and then Emmett's booming voice was heard through the phone. "Hey, Charlie!" He yelled. "Hello, Emmett." Charlie responded. "Daddy!" Landon shouted out, crawling into Elizabeth's lap. Charlie grabbed the popcorn bowl and exited the living room, giving his daughter some privacy while she was on the phone with her boyfriend and girlfriend. "Hi, buddy." Emmett said. "I miss you guys." Elizabeth said suddenly. "We miss you too." Rosalie responded. "Do you have any idea on when you'll be back?" Elizabeth asked.

Rosalie sighed. "We have no idea. Alice hasn't even seen anything." She said. "I hope it's soon." Elizabeth said. "So do we." "Oh, hold on. Landon wants to talk to you guys." Elizabeth said, shifting so that Landon was more comfortable. "I went to Auntie Sue's and drew a picture today." He said. "Oh, did you?" Emmett asked. "Can we see it?" "Yeah. Mommy show them my picture." Landon demanded. "Okay, hold on just a second." She said, grabbing Landon's picture off the coffee table. She snapped a picture of it and sent it to Emmett. "Oh, wow. That's really good, baby." Rosalie said. "You see it? It's you, me, Mommy, Daddy, and Grandpa."

"Yeah, I see it." Rosalie responded. "Do you like it?" Landon asked. "We love it." Rosalie said, affection lacing her voice. "Yay." Landon said before yawning. "Okay, it's time for bed. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow. I love you." Elizabeth said, standing up with Landon in her arms. "We love you too. Goodnight, baby." Emmett said. "Night." Elizabeth said before hanging up. "Alright, let's get you to bed." She said, booping Landon's on the nose.