Chapter 3

Younger Ares^

Chapter 3

Ares looks around as he clicks his girl friends contact and calls her.

"Ares you coming with us or going out early today?" One of his teammates ask him.

He shakes his head.

"Nah ima head home early. Spending time with the Mrs" he says.

Ryan rolls his eyes, knowing, aswell as anyone how much Ares cared about his girl friend.

'When I was that age... dam I was a fuck boy.......Shit still am.' He thinks.

"Man you 15. Hell you mean Mrs" Ryan chuckles, shaking his head before they say their goodbyes.

Ares tries calling Mia once more but doesn't get through.

Rolling his eyes, he decides to just head home then to her school since it was still in session. He and his teammates were given the day off after winning a basketball match the day before. They got to school and were congratulated before their coach and teachers gave them mercy and let them have the day to rest.

'A day of rest only to bring us back in tomorrow and work us harder as punishment for resting' he thought.

Going over to the window of a car, he adjusts his uniform tie, fixing his hair before smiling.

Unlike the other students of his private school who hopped into their Porsches, Ferraris and audis or were picked up by their thoughtful parents, he waited at the bus stop, knowing his own parent was probably several galaxies away on a rocket ship made of coke and other drugs.

When the bus pulled up, he got in and half an hour later pulled up to to a bus stop close to his house.

He got off and walked quickly, grinning from ear to ear as he remembered what he was going to be doing after he got home.

Or more specifically- who.

He just had to get his stuff, shower, change and grab his savings.

Mia Lawrence had been Ares girlfriend for exactly 7 months now and though it was his first official relationship, he couldn't see it ending. He felt he was damn lucky to have a girl as gorgeous as Mia and not to mention she was older, 18 to be exact. He'd already gotten his fair share of praise for getting a girl like Mia. He thought he was only lucky he looked abit older and that she didnt mind his age too much.

He loved that girl with his whole heart and though he struggled to do it, he tried to give her the best with the little he had.

Which was exactly what he was going to do today.

He'd planned a special day for their anniversary and couldn't wait to see her reaction.

He'd been saving up just for this and that meant a lot of missed lunches and dinners as his father was not very generous when it came to an allowance.

If one could even call it an allowance.

And it wasn't like the man didn't have it.

Ares went to a private school. Had nice clothes thanks to his fathers assistant and his house was big and quite beautiful.

'On the outside atleast' he thought.

His father was definitely not broke. He worked and made his money and made quite a lot of it.

But where was it spent?

Often not in the house. Or on Ares unless it was something done by Ray's assistant, Bernice, a sweet woman who often checked on Ares .Hell, Barely even on groceries.

Ray Wyatt happily spent his money on whatever drug gave him the best high at whatever point. Whatever substance allowed him to forget his life. His responsibilities. His dead wife.

And his son that looked so much like her he couldn't bare to look at him.

Ares knew his dad blamed him for his mom's death.

He didn't have to tell him. Or didn't have to anymore having screamed it at him every time he got drunk ever since Ares turned 9. And when he started drugs things got worse for awhile. Until Ares learned to avoid his father.

Better to avoid him than endure anymore. He'd suffered enough as is. He didn't want to add a physical aspect to that.

But despite that, Ray was all Ares had, besides Mia.

They were the closest thing he had to family.

That was his father and his girl.

He simply hoped Ray would one day change. That he would want to be a better man.

A better father.

Someone Ares could call dad. And look up to.

He enters the house and quietly makes his way up to his room. He showers, changes and takes out his stash of weed and lights up one of the blunts he'd already had rolled up.

Taking a long hit off the blunt, he holds it in before letting it out with a sigh, feeling his nerves from thoughts of Mia dissipitate with each puff, until he was calm and ready to see her.

He felt the small blunt, whether one, two or three, were always effective when he needed a dose of tranquility to meet his woman.

Or his father in any state whether sober or intoxicated.

When he finished putting his stuff together, he bent down and pulled a box from under his bed where he kept his money.

Opening it, his face fell as he saw nothing but a couple $20 notes.

Not nearly the amount he had in there the day before.

Clenching his fists and gritting his teeth, Ares stood up and grabbed his bag, making his way to his dad's room.

He didn't care if he was in there, sleeping, high or anything, he wanted his fucking money.

And if he didn't find it, he would daringly take his fathers card or money, dealing with the consequences later.

He prepared himself for whatever might await him behind his father's bedroom door.

His father's half naked drugged up body, his sleeping figure, with or without naked women beside him or simply an empty room.

But it wasn't empty.

Ares wasn't surprised at that though.

That wasn't what had him stopping in his tracks.

Ares froze, not even able to let the breath escape from his lungs as they seemed to cease functioning.

'What.... The..... actual........ fuck?' he thought, as he looked at the scene before him.

His girlfriend, back arched and legs spread with his own father behind her as she moaned his name.

He looked at them disgusted, his stomach twisting and turning and his heart clenching at the sight of them.

All he had. The persons he loved and were meant to love him back.

His father and his girl.