It All Falls Apart [Part III]

|| Sakura ||

My palms were sweaty and shaken by the man before me as I jumped down from the branch I perched myself on, that sinister grin stretching across his face. It left an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach how much he resembled Sasuke. Those piercing black eyes that would suck you in and spit you back out. I was cautious about my every move and slightest breath, observing as he circled around me like the vulture he was, "You've caused a lot of trouble for me, Sakura. I didn't think such a delicate flower could leave such a mess."

"Who said I was delicate?" I scoffed, his sharingan activating as he laughed at my offended reaction. 

"You know, if you hadn't made him so soft, I wouldn't have a reason to get rid of you. You would have made an excellent medic for us. Too bad it's too late for all that now."

"And why's that," My grassy green eyes narrowing as he spoke, his merry-go-round movements only becoming more intense. 

"Don't you know dear, Madara thinks you're dead. It was the only way I could get him to focus on our goal again. It was the only way to get him to think about what's best for the clan. He is my brother after all, I have to make sure he has his head on straight."

"It seems like you're screwing it on backwards," I gritted my teeth, watching that snide smirk form.

"Uchiha can't be weak. Love is a weakness. And we can't afford to have any weakness...we have priorities to our clan, dear," Izuna said as if it were a matter of fact. That smug expression only making me boil with rage like overflowing water. "So, I'll just have to ensure that my lies become truths. Just be glad you were fortunate enough to live this long."

"Tch, I'd like to see you try." My challenge settling in him as he vanished from in front of me, appearing right behind me with his sword drawn over my neck, pressing it firmly against my skin, teasing the blade with only a hint of my blood as it slowly sliced at my jugular.

"Would you like me to make it quick and painless? Considering all the trouble you've caused me and the setbacks you've made, you don't deserve even that kind of kindness from me," He purred into my ear, his voice deep and full of disdain for my mere existence. A smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I activated my mitotic regeneration. He wouldn't hold back, neither would I.

"I dare you to try," Pressing his blade further into my neck as I lunged forward, my seal healing my wounds as quickly as they appeared, Izuna growled as he tried to slice at my back with his sword. I kicked at his wrist as I spun around attempting to get that sharpened blade from his grip but as it flew from his hand in the air, he jumped to its hilt and caught it as he fliped far from me, his feet planted on the ground and I did the same. He pounced, the soil beneath him rising as he leapt, as I focused a fraction of my chakra to my raised fists. We were neck and neck, our sweat flying as we dodged each movement the other would make. I slammed my head against his, the pounding sensation spiking through my skull as we made contact, his stance becoming less focused. I took the brief moment to slide my foot out and kick his feet out from underneath him, but as he fell, he only rolled on his side and was able to get back to his feet as he knelt. That sharingan was locked onto my movements, our fight becoming a choregraphed dance. I needed to catch him off guard. But after my one fight with Madara, he knew some of my capabilities. His movements were fluid, our fists only managing to be deflected by the other. I jump up and raised my fist far above my head, watching him move from underneath me. That was fine, I didn't need Izuna to be the target. My fist collided with the ground, causing the earth to tremble below us and rise from the impact. Izuna retreated farther into the wooded area, throwing shuriken at me from the shadows of the trees, my body avoiding contact with the clearly poison dipped edges. Damn it, he came prepared to this fight. I couldn't say the same, I only came with the intention of speaking with Madara, but who knew if I would even get the opportunity to—no, I would.