Tell Me Otherwise

~Mito~

I lied awake, sleep deprived and worried. I didn't trust the likes of that war mongering man. I worried about Sakura being in his care-if you can even call it that. Madara might have shown some affection while she was temporarily in a coma, but it didn't change who he was and all the lives he'd taken. I didn't want Sakura to be used as a pawn for him and his brother's games. I didn't want her to be used and taken advantage of by the likes of that man. That's what Madara did and I'd be damned if I'd let that happen to her. There was a force-no, that's not the word I'd use...more like, a bond that held Sakura and I together. Whether it be because she was family or just because I considered her my friend, I wanted to protect her.

My pained thoughts were quickly dispersed by the sounds of soft footsteps approaching my tent. My mind darted towards the entrance, startling me from my relaxed state and making me spring upward. Hashirama on the other hand was fast asleep after a late night with the captain of his battalion.

But a sigh of relief brushed over me as I heard my personal guard clear his throat, "We followed your orders, Mito. Our unit has informed us that Madara has left the Senju campsite and is heading back towards Uchiha territory," My informant confirmed from outside my tent. I wasn't surprised the bastard left without even a word. He was a worm crawling back into the earth like the scum he was. I shook my head in disappointment and hoped he had at least told Sakura goodbye last night. She at least deserved that much. I made sure the guards kept an eye on him, guess it a good decision on my part...but I still over flowed with frustration.

"Does anyone else know about Madara's departure?" I lowered my voice, trusting he would do the same. I wouldn't want to wake Hashirama, god knows he would chase after him if he had the chance. And to be honest, the way Madara takes advantage of Hashirama's kindness bothers me. He deserves a friend that won't betray him.

"No, ma'am, just our main patrol unit. Would you like us to inform Ms. Sakura for you?" He offered.

"That won't be necessary, I'll let her know myself. Thank you, Akihiro, you're dismissed."

~Izuna~

"What is taking so long. I gave you a simple order, retrieve a single target and bring her to me. Why do you imbeciles insist on making this more difficult than it needs to be. This wretched woman has become a distraction for my brother, do you want to lose this war over something so deplorable?" I slammed my fist down on the table, watching my subordinate flinch at my reaction to his so called 'news'.

"I'm sorry sir, but there was no way to get to her without alerting Hashirama himself. And that would only fuel the fire of any peace we have now. I'm sure you understand why we couldn't-,"

"Ha, petty excuses. You think you couldn't find a way past the guards? What kind of men do I have in my infantry if they can barely play the game. Get out," I spat, hearing the low swallow come from him as he stood stunned at my words. "I said get out you, idiot!"

As the terrified man exited, I released an exasperated sigh. I swore to myself on my family's name that I'd bring victory and power for the Uchiha. We both did, Madara and I. But now, I'm not even sure he craves it as much as I do.

"Giving the rookies a tough time, aren't we?" My brother's familiar voice filled the room, surprising me and startling me all at once. "What? Didn't expect to see me so soon?"

"Actually, I wasn't. How did the mission go?" I questioned as if there wasn't a growing rift between us. A distance that only I was aware of.

"Well, Hashirama hasn't changed and of course his new wife is weary of our friendship," Madara stated the obvious.

"So, she hates you," I chuckled, earning an amused smirk from my brother.

"That's a bit of an understatement." He chortled.

"Anyhow, what about that woman? Was she useful in collecting information or at least their trust?" I curiously asked, taking notice of her absence.

"Uh, she did. But we can speak of that later. For now, I need to speak to you about this war," Madara said, capturing my full attention.

~Sasuke~

Karin and I haven't spoken since that day we kissed. I know that we both felt guilty, but at the same time I didn't regret it. Knowing Sakura was alive made my world start turning again, but Karin was there for me when it stopped. There was a war inside me, pulling from both sides. I loved Sakura, she gave me a family, she gave me love no matter how far I pushed her. But Karin has done the same, she was always there for me, loving me from the shadows and supporting me even though it pained her. I knew she loved me, but I didn't experience how true it was until I thought my light had disappeared. She made me realize that I couldn't give up, especially when I had Sarada to think about.

"Sasuke, Sasuke! Sasuke!" Naruto shouted, tearing me away from my conflicted mind.

"What? I can hear you, everyone in the village can," I responded a bit more irritated than I wanted it to sound.

"What's wrong with you?" He raised his eyebrow, taking his usual seat at his desk.

"Nothing-."

"Sasuke, if something's-," He kept insisting.

"I said it's Nothing," I repeated, hoping he'd drop it completely.

"Well Everyone should be here soon. Tsunade told me this is the last meeting," Naruto vaguely explained.

"And what does that mean?" I pondered, not sure what she meant by 'last'.

"Not sure, Grandma Tsunade likes to make you wonder," He laughed to himself.

~~~

~Tsunade~

"did it work?"

A\N

As promised, here is your 2nd chapter guys! Sorry it took longer than expected. I have a lot on my plate right now, but writing is something I don't want to forget. I hope you enjoy this chapter!