Senju

~Sakura~

His eyes turned from the holes of a black abyss to a blood stained red, the anger in his face was more evident than before. Then again, I wasn't a real threat to him. I realized more than I did in the past hours I spent here, all because of one word that left his mouth...Senju. The Uchiha and the Senju were at each other's throats in the past, hired by the neighboring countries to fight their wars.

"It couldn't be, it's impossible," I thought to myself. I refused to believe that this was the same age and time. To go back to the past wasn't even a possibility I considered. Was it the jutsu-no, it wasn't that.

There were too many questions bombarding my mind, it was like rush of water through a broken dam. The more cracks the more water, the more answers the more questions. I could have kept thinking for hours, but a kunai landing right above my head stopped any other thought I had in its tracks. My green eyes widened at the accuracy. They could have killed me, they just had no need to.

Madara grabbed me by my waist and leaped to the next tree. He lowered his face to mine as we stood closely together on the tree branch, his breath warming my freezing chapped lips. "I need you to stay here. You'll only get in the way."

There was no use in arguing when I wasn't fully aware of the situation, so I decided to listen to him, well just this once. For one, my chakra was still building itself up. And two, it wasn't my battle to fight. Whether I agreed with the Uchiha or Senju, it was a war they wrapped themselves up in and I didn't want to be a part of it. I waited until the moment was right, when Madara and the enemy were nowhere in sight. I used the tree to support my weight and dropped to the ground feeling a shock of pain rise in my legs. I forced myself to move forward as I moved through the forest. I wasn't sure where I was or where I was heading, but I couldn't stay in, what was about to be, the middle of a battlefield.

I heard the clashing of kunai in the distance. I wasn't far enough, but an explosion followed by a roaring groan of pain made me turn around. "Damn it!" Maybe it was on instinct, but it felt wrong to leave him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart raced as I made my way back. I wasn't sure what I was in for, but I knew it wouldn't be easy. Before making my presence known, I hid the chakra I managed to build up and watched from the shadows.

Madara lied on the ground trying to pick himself up, but the left side of his body was heavily injured and didn't respond. He must've been caught in the explosion of the paper bomb to get that kind of damage.

The enemy, who I assumed was a Senju, stood over Madara with a katana to his neck. "What a sad excuse for an Uchiha, I thought you were capable of fighting Hashirama himself."

He was insulted, every inch of his face made it clear; to his pursed lips and furrowed eyebrows. Madara quickly rolled over, opposite to the blade and jumped to his feet or should I say, foot. It was ridiculous that he even considered fighting without a functioning left side.

The enemy lunged forward and Madara flipped over him with ease, sending a direct kick to the back of his head before sticking the landing. The Senju stumbled forward a few feet but regained his balance. With the dwindling strength he had, it was obvious he could only do so much. The Uchiha sent spinning shuriken in his enemy's direction, only to have his sword easily deflect them, but little did the enemy know that is was just a diversion. Madara swiftly moved past him as he focused on the shuriken and pulled out a Kunai that had been dipped in poison, plunging it through into his back. "I think you meant to say, 'what a sad excuse for a Senju."