The Truth Emerges

~Madara~

Sakura had been placed on bed rest for an entire week. I stared at that entrance of that tent over a million times, so much that the mossy, green color was the only pigment I could see for two days. Mito wouldn't allow me to see her, but that didn't stop me from trying. I approached her tent continuously, wanting more than anything to see the familiar glare she'd always give me. All I could do was pass her "get well" messages and send flowers to her through Mito, but even then, I wasn't sure if she'd given them to her or tossed them in the trash. I wanted her to know I was at least thinking of her, and even then, I wasn't sure why that mattered to me. Why it mattered that she knew that she was on my mind was a mystery to me.

I sighed to myself as the day was slowly turning to night, and I still heard nothing about her recovery. This was a mission assigned by Izuna to gain trust from the Senju and Uzumaki. Sakura succeeded on her part by getting close to Mito, but we still needed to return to the camp. However, in her condition from what Mito told me, wasn't a likely possibility in her condition. Mito's done her best to keep me in the dark about Sakura. At first, I thought it was because her strong disdain for me, but the more I watched her tend to Sakura, it was clear she was doing it for a completely different reason, something more personal. It occurred to me that I knew hardly anything about Sakura, aside from what she told me, her life was an enigma that begged me to solve it. The more I spent time with her, the more I wanted to unravel her past, to know her more than I did at the moment. There was a strange yet alluring facet about her that pulled me in with each passing day. Something I couldn't help but want to become close to. I huffed out my pent-up frustration and watched as my hot breath hit the frigid air in a cloudy white puff. I heard the opening of the tents thick flap being moved and saw Mito walked out with blankets.

"I see your still here. It almost seems like you haven't moved, how long have you been out here waiting?" Mito lifted her eyebrow at me.

"Since the last time you saw me," I rolled my obsidian eyes at her.

"Then you've been out here since Yesterday afternoon?"

"I guess you could say that, with the exception of going to the woods and taking a-" I half way explained before the wench cut me off.

"Don't bother finishing that sentence. Ugh, so disgusting," She wrinkled her nose at me, attempting to take this chance in our conversation to walk away, but I quickly took her wrist and raised it between us. "I'd let go if I were you. You're skating on thin ice with me by acting so impulsively."

I could hear the seriousness in her tone, but it didn't matter to me, I just wanted to hear about Sakura, to know if she was okay. "Then please...tell me how she is. I'm tired of not knowing."

"I'm withholding this information from you on purpose, you filthy Uchiha," Mito gritted her teeth, yanking her arm away from me. "You don't think the moment I tell you she is fully recovered that you won't drag her back to your belligerent rundown war camp. She is always going to be in danger if she stays with you. You Uchiha have an agenda, and I'll be dammed if you pull in someone as innocent as Sakura. You already managed to do that with my husband, so I will draw the line here with you."

"Mito, please...that's enough," Sakura interrupted us, stepping out of the tent. I leaned forward to go to her, but Mito held her arm out in front of me to stop me in my place. "Mito, enough!"

"Sakura, I'm only trying to protect you," She argued, removing her arm from in front of me.

"I appreciate everything you've done for me, but I am capable of protecting myself," Sakura closed her eyes and shifted her gaze at me. "I trust him. And as strange as that might be, my instincts, my heart, my head, it all tells me the same. So please, even if you don't trust him trust me."