Mito

~Madara~

The ceremony was a complete bore to say the least, but I didn't expect it to be exciting. Sakura who was supposed to be posing as my date and getting close to Mito, kept to herself. We haven't said a word to each other since she left me standing there.

I tried to whisper to her while Mito came down the aisle and even attempted to hold her hand, but she kept on her unwavering expression and pulled her arm away from me. "Woman, can you at least act like you're my date."

Sakura looked at me through the corner of her eye and surrendered with a sigh. Her hand slipped into mine and our fingers locked together. Although her lips pursed in dissatisfaction, her cheeks turned red. A color that suited her, much like the Uchiha crest on her back.

"Stop smirking or this wedding will become your funeral," Sakura threatened as she squeezed my hand. I swore I heard my bones crack, but I couldn't exactly yell out in pain.

When the actual wedding ceremony was over, we all headed the neatly decorated hall and sat side by side, her small hand still in mine. Partly because I wouldn't let go. We needed to play this off. "Madara, so glad you could make it!"

"Ah, Hashirama. Of course I came, it isn't everyday a man gets married to a beautiful woman," I laughed patting his back. It was times like these-without the constant dread of battles, that I could remember why we were such good friends.

"Well if you keep this one close, I'm sure you'll be next," he nudged me with my shoulder, chuckling at me. I became wide-eyed and turned my head. I will not be embarrassed... "I'm only kidding. Well, somewhat."

"Hashirama, I swear-" I was about to scold, but he didn't wait five seconds before grabbing Sakura from my hand and leading her to his table by her arm.

"Come, meet my wife. She's just as lovely as you," he said dragging her to the main table for the bride and groom. Jeez, you just got married you fool...

~Sakura~

Mito was as stunning as I imagined her to be. I actually couldn't wait to meet the Senju. After all, my own master was part of the Senju clan and was the grand-daughter to the first Hokage. It all felt so surreal to have them stand before me. Mito was the model of the Buyakugou and Hashirama was a wood user. I got used to Madara, but he wasn't someone I wanted to know until now. With them it was different. Like they were family I'd never met, more so than my husband's awful, distant relatives...Again, Madara.

I waited to get her attention as she thanked everyone for their congratulations and tried to extend my hand out to her to say hello, but she glared at me in a second. Did I do something wrong? "Don't worry, she's staring at me. This woman despises me more than anything else."

There's that damned smug look on his face like it's something to be proud of. I rolled my eyes at him and continued to introduce myself. "Despite my dates idiotic and senseless blabbering...I wanted to tell the both of the newlyweds, congratulations. You looked absolutely stunning."

I could tell she was amused by my words the way the corner of her lips raised, along with her eyebrow. "Thank you and he's always a pain, but I have a feeling we'll get along just fine. Come and sit with us. Bring the dog if you want to."

He was about to say something, but I turned and gave him an annoyed look. "Go talk to Hashirama. I'll be fine with Mito."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tell me, how exactly did you end up as Madara's date?" Mito chuckled, but it was still oddly elegant. "Sure, he's a looker, but he's arrogant."

"I guess you can say arrogant men are my specialty," I joked as we all enjoyed our drinks.

"I can't say the same. Hashirama is exactly my type. I was scared about having an arranged marriage, but it turned out better than I expected," Mito said taking a sip of her drink. She looked at me as she swallowed and put on a more serious face. "Sakura, was it?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"I hope you don't think I am prying, but I can't help but be curious," She whispered to me, trying not to get the rest of the party's attention. "That seal you have..."

I knew I should have hidden it. Crap, was she becoming skeptical? I did my best not to act suspicious and waited for her next words. "You aren't part Senju or Uzumaki, are you?"

"Not that I know of, why do you ask?" I inquired, a bit interested as to why she asked.

"It's just that...the Senju and Uzumaki have seals that are clan secrets. Mine is one of those seals, but you seem to have one that's similar. I can't help but wonder if it's the same..." She said trailing off as if she planned to bring it up. She probably did.

I didn't want to tell her everything, but I needed her to trust me. "It's so I can utilize more chakra and it enhances my medical abilities. It's a seal or kind of safe for my chakra," I tried to sum up without giving it all away.

"Mine is to keep the nine tails sealed. It is powerful enough to control and maintain the beast's chakra and the nine tails himself. The Senju and Uzumaki were able to create it for me, since I had excellent chakra control, I was their obvious choice," She confessed. It felt weird for her to confide in me like she did, but it felt nice to have someone that reminded me of my master. "I'm sorry if I'm being open. Oddly enough, I feel connected to you in some way."

"I know what you mean," and I did, there was this feeling that she was someone I could put my trust in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The men laughed and hit each other on the back as they guzzled back sake and the rest of the food. Madara joined Hashirama in a drinking game, that only he could take seriously. "Tch. Hashirama, why are you making such a fool of yourself. Spend the rest of the evening with your wife, not your Uchiha friend." Tobirama lectured his brother as Hashirama's body stood unsteadily.

"I'll take care of Madara," I huffed as he refused to move from his seat.

"Have fun with that. Madara is more stubborn about his alcohol than he is about his pride," Tobirama mocked, practically dragging his brother to his room. I couldn't help but laugh. I pictured them more serious and power hungry, but they acted more normal than I expected.

"Good luck with, Madara. Come see me anytime you like," Mito said before following behind them. I wanted to talk with her more, but I guess I can find some other opportunity. 

"Come on you, time to go home," I sighed wrapping my arm around his waist and putting his arm over my shoulders. "I won't carry you this time, so help me out."

"Woman, let go," He protested. "Ugh, let go you-"

"Fine," I said without hesitation and let him drop to the ground. "I'll meet you at our room."