Uchiha

~Sasuke~

It was like a strike to the heart. With each word that came from Tsunade's lips, I felt nauseous. I couldn't feel my chest as each breath was held down by an unknown weight. It was the realization that the one person I loved and opened my heart up to was gone, that the one person who I considered my home would never be there again. Sarada would no longer have a mother and I would no longer have my wife. I went over every memory of her I had, so that I could at least say I remembered what she said when we were kids or how she dressed on the weekends. I had to recall every detail of her face so I wouldn't forget her.

"Sasuke, Sasuke!" Tsunade was shouting at me, but it was white noise compared to the loud beating of my heart. "Someone get me a defibrillator, stat!"

I laid down and closed my eyes, the outside world was nothing but a painful mess that I wouldn't mind missing. If I just let go, would I meet you or even see you again? Is it easy to let go? I wanted to slip away, but I could hear her voice. Sarada kept calling my name until I could regain consciousness.

"Papa!" Sarada cried running over to me, pushing everyone out of her way as I gasped for life. She knew, much like I did. "Papa, m-mama is..."

"I know," I said holding her tight, gritting my teeth. I had to stay strong for her, I had to be there more than ever. "I know."

~Sakura~

As I came to, I could feel the heat of the sun on my skin and the stroke of a thumb circle my cheek. The touch was gentle, soft, and familiar. It felt all so real that it made me unsure if I had truly died or not.

Although I didn't feel dead, I was drained, so I didn't bother to push myself further than I could go. One step at a time and I was finally able to open my eyes to meet with a blurry dark-haired figure that hovered over me, it was Sasuke- it had to be. I rubbed my mossy, green eyes that were more out of focus than a camera lens, but this dream-like reality was shut down the second I laid my eyes on him. I became terrified within seconds of meeting his darkening eyes. A tingle crawled down my spine as he narrowed his gaze and tilted his head in disdain.

"Who are you?" Madara spoke before I could sit up. His voice holding hostility without the intention of it. "This is a Uchiha campsite you are trespassing on I hope you realize."

Did I have to answer or was it better to keep my mouth shut? Maybe I could stay still and he'd leave. No, I needed answers. I was confused at this point. "My name is Sakura. Haruno, Sakura. And I apologize sir, I had no idea this was an Uchiha site."

I lifted my body into an upright position, but as soon as I did, he reacted with a kunai at my throat. "I mean no harm," I said as I lifted my hands up in front of chest. He stared me up and down before helping me up from the floor.

"What are you doing in this area?" Madara asked sternly as he acted as my crutch. I was hesitant to lean on him, but it was either that or fall on my face.

"I'm not sure actually," I told him honestly, but he wasn't buying it. I had to have some sort of story to tell him. "I don't remember anything besides my name really. I think I was supposed to do something, but I can't recall."

"Hn," he replied. What the hell is with the "Hn"? Was this a passed down trait I don't know about? Say what you mean, that literally tells me nothing. "I will take you to the camp for now. We can't have unauthorized personnel wondering around the area. Nothing against you, but I don't trust anyone."

"Noted," I nodded.

I depended on him the entire way to the campsite, our conversations were no more interesting than the weather forecast. I think he was still interrogating me, but it was hard to tell with the infamous Uchiha glare plastered on his face. I sighed in exhaustion since the trip there felt longer than a lifetime. Wasn't I already on the territory? I mean how far does it extend?

Either he noticed my small pants and short breaths or couldn't stand awkwardly facing me every ten seconds, he stopped to offer me a ride on his back, arguing that it was easier for the both of us.

"I am sure I can take it from here," I lied practically falling to my knees. I heard a deep inhale come from Madara as he widened his gaze at me.

"That symbol on your back. It is the Uchiha crest, where on earth did you get it?" Madara questioned me not even allowing me to catch my breath. "Tell me now girl or I shall make you answer to me."

"My husband, he gave me this the day he proposed. He told me it would someday be my savior. But he is no longer with me," I spat. It was true that Sasuke gave it to me the day he asked me to marry him and that he was no longer with me or at least I wasn't with him.

"What of his name? I am not aware of you or a man that married outside of our clan," He said grabbing my arm and yanking me up. The force of his pull was comparable to whiplash and his grip on my arm felt bone crushing. I didn't want to answer anymore pointless questions or lie about anything. I wanted to know where I was and how I got here. I wanted to know my best friend was alive, that my daughter and husband were okay. I didn't have time for stupid games.

"Enough, this is not how you get your way!" I yelled pulling my arm out of his hold. "I will answer you, but you need to know that I am far from my home and I am scared as it is already. I do not have my family or friends and I barely know what I am doing here! So, stop acting like deranged animal and be patient with me."

I sat on the dirt road we were traveling along with my knees close to my chest and my head buried in between. Everything was quiet, even the crickets. It made me wonder if he'd been shouted at before.

"Get up," Madara said dragging me off by the same arm he squeezed.

"Stop, I-" I was about to complain, but he cupped his hand over my mouth and put me on his back to jump to the nearest tree. I watched closely as he surveyed the area. I hadn't detected anything suspicious or anyone for that matter, but then again, I wasn't at my full strength.

"Senju."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

SO THIS IS CURRENTLY THE THIRD SAKURA STORY I AM WORKING ON AND I HOPE YOU'RE LIKING IT SO FAR. I HAVE A LOT IN STORE FOR THIS BOOK AND I'M SUPER EXCITED! IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED IN THIS ONE, I ALSO HAVE MY KAKASAKU BOOK "If Things Continue" AND MY SASUSAKU BOOK "RETURN". LEAVE A LIKE IF YOUR LIKED THE CHAPTER OR FOLLOW ME FOR UPDATES!

I ALSO WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU TO @_The_Blossom_Queen_ FOR ALL THE HELP AND EDITING SHE HAS OFFERED ME WITH NOT ONLY THIS STORY, BUT WITH MY OTHER ONE'S AS WELL. IF YOU'RE INTO KAKASAKU LIKE I AM, I WOULD REALLY GIVE HER STORY A READ, IT'S CALLED "Later Than Forever" . IT JUST PUBLISHED IT'S FIRST FEW CHAPTERS, BUT IT IS BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST LEMONS! SO YOU KNOW, MATURE CONTENT AHEAD! THANK YOU AGAIN AND THANK YOU READERS! I PROMISE TO UPDATE AGAIN SOON.