It's Coming

|| Madara ||

Trust. As if it were worth the effort. You waste your entire life trusting someone only to be betrayed, penetrated with the your own blade, slicing open the same wound over and over again until you've accepted it as normal. People were a pathetic waste of space who deserved every once of torment. Selfish creatures who climb their way to the top alongside you, only to push you over the edge. The Senju were no different, in fact they were worse.

My knee was up to my heaving chest as one hung limply over the edge. My arm propped up over my kneee as I sat above my assembled army of men who were willing to shed their own blood in the Uchiha name. Their marches coming to a complete halt. I waited for the silence to occupy our spirits, to demand without doing so, compliance and respect before I lead them into battle. Hundreds of men stood before me, proud of their Uchiha lineage, their history, and foreseeable future. I slowly rose from my place at the cliffs edge, watching their cold dead eyes focus on me.

My infantry was cut into four sectors. Those who would take control of the frontal attacks by Hashirama's troops on the batte front. Then there were those who would scale an invasion at Senju's main campsite and retrieve our target. Those who would take on Hashirama's men trying to round our troops from the north and the south. And then there was an assemblage of my most reliable and powerful clansmen, who would be my shield when Hashriama decided to face me himself. I could feel a demented smile creep on my face, one filled with vengeance, with a urge for equally spilt blood. The man I once trusted, would know the same pain. He will be forced to face me, where it all began, right by the stream.

"Mercy is weak. Hesitation is unforgivable. If we wish to truly claim our victory, reclaim this land as Uchiha territory. We must be unforgiving and remorseless. Blood for blood, brothers. Blood for blood!" I called out towards my war raging men, tired of waiting eagerly for their meal like ravaged dogs. Their collective voices clamored together, sounding a war cry that spread for miles, sending the message that we were ready. "Blood for blood!" I repeated, hearing the music of my kin being empowered by vengeance, my vengeance.

|| Mito ||

I strolled around the campgrounds to gather my thoughts. My worries seemed endless. We haven't heard back from Tobirama or Sakura. It was starting to worry me that one of them was injured or worse.

Suddenly a slight gust of wind built up, swirling and opening some sort of void of endless black nothing. I stepped back and covered my face from the bits of dust from getting in my eye, my other hand prepared to reach for the kunai strapped to my leg in an instance. "M-Mito" Sakura coughed, as she clung to the back of a taller man who had a striking resemblance to that of Izuna Uchiha. The scene slightly struck a fear in my heart as I watched Sakura tiredlessly lean on him for support. A young girl and red headed woman followed closely behind them.

"Sakura, what happened?" I came quickly to her aid. She shot me a look of concern, burrying her face into the man's back.

"It's Tobirama. He saved me from Izuna. I couldn't do anything but run, he wouldn't let me fight. I came as fast as I could. Mito, I don't know if he's okay. He's all by himself," Sakura clenched the cloak at her hands.

"He's going to be okay, Sakura. I'll send out a small unit-" I attempted to comfort her. But she shook her head and cut me off before I continued.

"No, Mito. I need to speak to Hashirama. Izuna said Madara is getting his men ready for an all out war. He wants to end this once and for all," she gritted her teeth, causing me to gasp and run off in the direction of my husband's tent. The dirt lifting with each step as my shoes burried down beneath the soil, not caring if my dress got filthy. My only thoughts focused solely on him. This was it, wasn't it?

||Sakura||

"Listen up," I pushed myself off of Sasuke's back, looking at the three of them. They had sacrificed so much already to find me, I can't risk them getting hurt. "I need you to get as far away from here as possible. I can't have you getting caught up in this mess."

"And what about you? You can't expect me to just let you go..." Sasuke held my face. The touch I longed for since I first came here. Pushing those thoughts away, I lowered his hand from my face. "This isn't our fight."

"It may not be yours, but I have someone that needs me. I need you to trust me," I looked up at him with tear filled eyes.

"It's him isn't it? That someone you're talking about," Sasuke didn't dare to look at me, but I could barely meet his eyes too. I nodded, guilt flooding over me. It felt wrong loving two people at the same time but in two seperate ways. "Go, I'll get Sarada out of here. But I'm going to follow you, Sakura. I'm not letting you do this on your own. I've already lost you once."

"Sasuke..." I murmured, reaching out to him. I shifted my focus from Sasuke and came face to face with Sarada, embracing her in a deep and much needed hug,"Can you stay safe for me?"

"Yes, mama. As long as you can do the same."

"Karin, can I talk to you, alone?"

We walked away for a second, and I faced her with a serious look. She seemed to already know. "You're not planning on coming back with us, are you?"

"Being here has changed something. I know there's so much I'm leaving behind, but there's also others that need me too," I said, taking her hands into mine. "I want you to take care of Sarada and Sasuke for me. I know you love them both, just as I do...but I trust you..."

"You shouldn't, Sakura there's something we wanted to tell you. Though, right now might not be the right time for this." Karin cried, tearing away her eyes.

"You two didn't have to say anything...and, if anything, I'm glad you were there for each other. I doubt Sasuke or Sarada couldn't have made it through without you there," I chuckled to myself, then striking her in the stomach, holding back some of my strength. "Even as jealous my inner might be," She fell to her knees, a bit out of breath. I smiled down at her and held my hand out to her. "Consider us even?"

She smiled back, taking her hand into mine, "yeah."