Chapter 31

Saturday

Ring! Ring! Ring!

My peaceful sleep was interrupted by the phone ringing. I thought my dad was home to answer it because it felt really early but when I checked my clock and it was 12:30. I took the covers off and went over to the phone.

"Hello?"

"Morning princess"

"Hey blondie, what do I owe this phone to?" I greeted

"I wanted to call and say good morning and to apologize for not calling last night. I got grounded but I still should've called. I'm sorry if your night was messed up" he said into the phone

"Oh don't worry it wasn't. Tommy came over and told me why everyone couldn't make it and then we just hung out for a few"

"What'd you guys do?"

"We ate ice cream, watched a movie, did facials, and then we were talking until I fell asleep"

"What movie did you put on"

"I tried to get him to watch sixteen candles but he turned it off. It's really good I don't know why you guys hate it"

"Because it's a chick flick"

"It's a really good coming of age movie"

"What even is that?"

"What's what?"

"A coming of age movie"

"To be completely honest I don't know but I hear it a lot, for movies like that"

"Well what qualifies as a coming of age movie? Iron Eagle could be coming of age movie"

"No it can't, it doesn't fit the criteria"

"What is the criteria?"

"I don't know but I know iron Eagle doesn't fit it"

"I think you're wrong, but I'll drop it. What did you guys end up talking about?"

"Well I don't want you to get upset but I was talking about me and you"

"Are you having doubts about us?"

"No, it was more like me worrying if you had doubts about us. I was just really concerned that maybe you didn't like me as much or that I did something wrong. But then tommy told me that I was overthinking and to relax"

"As much as I'd hate to admit it, Tommy's right. It's impossible to not like you. I don't know what I did to make you feel like I don't like you as much but get that out of your head, alright?"

"Alright"

"I'm serious ok, I don't want you going around thinking I don't like you as much when I fall more in love with you every damn day. And since you're my girl I will do everything i can to get rid of those thought"

"You are such a gem! I love you, but it's a me thing, it's all my stupid insecurities working it's way into our relationship. I didn't really have long relationships in Jersey and it's not that I didn't want to, they would also find a reason to stop calling or to break up. Most of the time it was right after I slept with them, so then I just started having flings instead so I knew what I signed up for. Our relationship is probably the longest relationship I've been in and we've only been going out for a few months. So I'm just trying to figure everything out and not mess anything up"

"You're not messing anything up I promise. It's kinda funny, the two people that suck at relationships are in one together. In my opinion we're not doing too bad"