Chapter 56

Tuesday

Day 2 of being on a break.

I've been trying to keep my mind on other things and just do my own thing. Fortunately, I am feeling a lot better about being on a break now than I was yesterday, but it still feels weird. It feels like the first week of school again. I'm not used to not having Johnny and the guys around me.

I walked into the school, fixing the straps of my backpack, for some reason one was looser than the other. I continued to fix the straps as I walked to my locker and saw Alexander and a couple others close near my locker. "Um, what's going on?" I asked and everyone dispersed. "What was that about?"

"I don't know, they were here when got here" Alexander said

"What are these? Post-it notes?"

"Looks like it. Is there writing on it?"

I stared at the sheets of small papers sticking to my locker and all of them had writing on them. What was written on them was a bit shocking to me.

"They're phone numbers" I giggled, taking the notes down

"All of them are phone numbers?" Alexander asked

"Every single one of them" I nodded

"How many are there?"

"Umm 7, 8, 9, 10. There's 10 of them"

"Wow, aren't you a hot commodity" he joked

"You have seen me right?"

"Don't get all arrogant on me now"

"You're right, you're right. I gotta go"

"Hey, Would you wanna go grab lunch today?"

"How are we gonna get there? I still don't have my car"

"We can walk"

"We only have 45 minutes for lunch by the time we get anywhere we're gonna order and then have to back in class"

"I'll find a way"

"Ok sure just meet me outside of Ms. Love's class"

"I don't know where that is"

"Figure it out. If you wanna take me somewhere you have to work for it"

"Did your boyfriend have to work this hard?"

"He still does." I said. I walked off to class. I passed my normal seat and went to the back of the classroom. "Morning" I spoke up

I watched Johnny take his headphones off and put his Walkman away. "Hey" he smiled at me. "How are you?"

"How are you" I repeated with a laugh. "You don't have to ask me that. It makes this awkward." I said " I hate that question"

"I know that's why I asked" he joked

"Always such a sweetheart Johnny. I wanted to talk to you about something real quick" I said sitting the next to his

"Is the break over?!" He exclaimed

"No"

"Isn't talking to each other against the rules then?"

"No. You can still speak to me, just not as much as before you know." I trailed off. "Anyway I wanted to ask if you got anything on your locker this morning"

He nodded, reached into his backpack, and pulled out four crumpled up post-it notes. "I'm assuming you got some too"

"10 to be exact"