Chapter 35

THANKSGIVING

I was trying to sleep in a little longer when the phone kept ringing.

Ring Ring Ring

This was the fifth time someone called, so now I really had to answer it to make sure there wasn't an emergency.

"Hello?!" I said

"Someone's in a shitty mood" Johnny said on the other line

"I didn't sleep well last night, I couldn't get comfortable"

"Are you still sleeping in the living room?"

"No I went back in my room"

"Maybe we should get you a recliner" he suggested

"No need, I'll be better in no time"

"Y/n—"

"No, I'm serious. In a couple days I'll be back to my normal self again"

"Babe I love your optimism, but you're not gonna be better for a couple weeks. You have two injuries that could potentially get worse if you don't heal properly."

"I know"

"Well then just let your body rest and get better. Don't try to rush the process"

I hated talking about being hurt. It makes me feel weak. I still can't believe it happened. "Why'd you call?"

"Oh right. My parents left early this morning of Bora Bora so you won't be able to meet them, but my mom said we can still have thanksgiving here while they're not here"

"Oh ok. That sucks! I really wanted to meet them"

"I know, next time. So you can come over when you want to set up and do whatever thanksgiving stuff you have to do"

"Whatever thanksgiving stuff I have to do" I mocked. "Has your parents never hosted thanksgiving before? You don't know what needs to be done?"

"I told you, we don't do thanksgiving. I have no clue what you need to do, I'm just gonna stand there and do whatever you tell me to"

"You know what that's actually a great plan"

"What did you expect? I am a genius after all"

"Whatever, big head, I'll be at your house by 11. Tell the guys to come over a little before dinner so they can help, and remind everyone that they have to dress up"

"Ok"

"Cool, see you at 11. I love you"

"I love you too" he said before we hung up the phone. I slowly got out of bed and walked across the hallway to my dad's room. I walked to the side of his bed and shook him gently so he'd wake up

"Dad" I said, shaking his shoulder. "Daddy" I said a little louder. He still didn't wake up. "Dad!" I somewhat shouted

His eyes shot open and he gasped as he woke up

"Why the hell are you gasping?!" I asked in a panic

"Why the hell were you yelling?!" He asked me in the same tone

"You weren't waking up"

"Why were you trying to wake me up in the first place?"

"Because I'm about to leave. I'm going to Johnny's to start prepping for later on. Please get dressed up and be there no later than 5:30. Got it? Ok good" I said quickly and started walking out the bedroom

"Now just hold on a minute! I don't want you driving. Remember? It's not safe. You weren't even supposed to be driving yesterday."

"I didn't drive yesterday"

Love My Way [Johnny Lawrence x Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें