Chapter 55

Monday

I woke up early this morning being ready for this week to be over before it even started. I stayed at my house in bed for the whole weekend, even when my dad was home. I think he was a little concerned that I was keeping myself contained in my room. He would bring food to my room for me too which I appreciated.

I had been screening the phone this weekend because I knew it was Johnny calling me repeatedly. I would just listen to the message to see if it was someone other than Johnny and if it was a message from him I would just delete it. I also had to see Daniel again, which I wasn't looking forward to. So to say I am excited about going to school this morning would be a complete lie.

I showered, washed my face, brushed my teeth, did my hair, and decided to put on a pastel purple sweater, low rise blue jeans, and gold earrings. I put on a little bit of makeup and some lip gloss, then I grabbed my backpack and a light weight jacket just in case I got colder.

 I put on a little bit of makeup and some lip gloss, then I grabbed my backpack and a light weight jacket just in case I got colder

I grabbed a container of yogurt from the fridge and the pouch of granola from the cabinet. I ate my breakfast quickly before walking outside to wait for the bus. Normally I sat with Daniel on the bus but I needed to find a new seat for today because I wasn't in the mood to talk to him.

As I was waiting a light breeze blew my hair into my face. I was so preoccupied with my hair that I didn't even hear Daniel walk over to our stop.

"Morning y/n" he said, looking at me expectantly

I know it's childish but I ignored him. I heard the engine of the bus start to get closer so I kept my attention on the ground until the bus appeared. I got on the bus first and walked straight to the back, instead of the front row where me and Daniel normally sit. I saw this guy with headphones in the very back of the bus. He must've been really into his music because he didn't even notice I approached him. I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention. "Is it ok if I sit here"

"Yeah sure" he nodded and moved his backpack onto the ground and moved towards the window, letting me have the aisle seat. He has medium length brown hair, long enough that you could put it in a low ponytail. He has brown eyes that have the tiniest hint of green. And he has a mole on his cheekbone that oddly doesn't look out of place.

"Thanks"

"No problem. Are you new?"

"Uh sorta"

"How can you be sorta new?"

"I moved here in the summer so I'm still relatively new but I've been going to school here since the first day"

"Oh, well you're not new"

"I'm new to you" I shrugged

"I guess you're right" he said

"I always am" I said confidently

"Is that right"

"Oh Absolutely"

"I'm Alexander" he introduced, extending his hand