[09 jealousy, jealousy]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[09] ninth chapter
episode nine+ten, season 5
-narrative
word count 3602 
> In which the new girls
cause a stir in the villa.

After hearing the news of the dates for that night, the islanders quickly dispersed off into groups, Ovie and Summer were sat in the little booth on the side of the pool to have a chat.

"So..." they both spoke at the same time, making the pair laugh.

Ovie began, chuckling awkwardly, "So I got picked for a date with Elma."

"Aye, you're making her a starter, right?" she asked, seeing that Ovie had nodded his head in confirmation before continuing, "So, how are you feeling, like, are you nervous, or excited, or..."

Smiling back at the girl he shrugged, "I guess I'm excited new girls are coming in, obviously, but I'm also nervous 'cause I don't fucking know what people like for starters," he joked, making them both chuckle again.

After a moment of silence between the two, Summer spoke up again, "So I'm just gonna address the elephant in the... seating area here," she joked, making Ovie laugh slightly before she continued, "I'm not gonna be pissy about you getting to know her because she is a new girl and we're not like engaged with three kids and we're not exclusive or anything. So I do want you to get to know her and, like, if you do have a connection I'm not gonna stop you from pursuing her-"

Ovie cut off the girl's rambling by placing his hands on her arms and leaning in to press a kiss on her nose, "Calm down, Sunshine, alright? I'm sure she's not gonna outshine you," he smiled, reassuring the girl even slightly.

"Obviously, I'm not gonna be a bitch to the girl. I'm sure Elma has no intentions to disrupt any couples, like, maliciously, aye, but at the same time I'm not gonna, fuckin', welcome her with open arms and bake her a welcome pie. 'Cause she did pick the guy I am coupled up with for a reason," Summer muttered, chewing the inside of her cheek to try and condense her nerves.

As Summer made her way up to the kitchen to refill her water bottle, she passed Molly and Tommy who were wittering away about the world being their oyster or something like that.

"Soppy children," she muttered, chuckling to herself whilst making her way up the decking steps.

The girls were hyping up the ones whose partners were going on a date as they all got ready for the evening, however, no amounts of compliments and 'get it, girls would shake the tense feeling as they perfected their eyeliner and straightened those last strands of hair.

Summer pulled on a simple, long-sleeved black dress seen as she would be up on the balcony for the majority of the night anyway, and it sometimes got pretty chilly up there.