[21 summer and danny]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[21] twenty-first chapter
episode twenty-one, season 5
-narrative
word count 3408
>In which Summer
and Danny both have
their own struggles
in coming to terms
with where they are 
in their couples.

The air was thick in the villa as Summer, Molly, Amber and Yewande stood in the kitchen discussing the latter's couple situation between Danny and Arabella.

Pushing shaky fingers through her hair, Yewande told the girls, "I feel the crazy in me is gonna start coming out today because I know that I'm a crazy bitch," she stressed, before coming to a final decision to go back down to where Arabella and Danny were.

Summer, Molly and Amber watched in anticipation as their friend pulled the two of them for a chat just as they had stood back up and couldn't help but cringe at how awkward they seemed around here.

"This could go one of two ways," Molly began, drawing the girls' attention towards her for a moment, "Either Arabella will back down, or it's gonna blow up in Yewande's face."

"Mhm," Summer nodded, taking a sip from her water bottle.

Amber sighed, resting her elbows on the kitchen island as she responded, "As much as I hate to say it, option two seems more likely than not right now."

Whilst Molly and Amber continued to discuss their opinions on the situation, Summer's eyes wandered over to where Ovie was chatting with Michael on the swing and decided to bid the girls goodbye as she walked over to where the boys were, just missing Anna, Tom, Tommy, Maura and Jordan move up to join Amber and Molly in the kitchen.

Once she finally made it to the swingset, she gave the two a warm smile before turning to Michael, "As much as I love you, Mike," she began in the kindest way possible, "Go away," she deadpanned, making the firefighter laugh before doing the 'lad' handshake with Ovie and heading over to where Amber was.

Almost immediately, Ovie opened his arms to let Summer sit comfortably next to him, which she did before jumping into casual conversation.

"Do you ever think about the fact the only time the word 'incorrectly' isn't spelt 'incorrectly' is when it's spelt incorrectly?" Ovie asked out of nowhere after a few minutes.

Summer turned to the boy with a confused face before bursting into laughter, "What the fuck," she got out between breaths, making Ovie chuckle along with her, "I mean seriously, where did that even come from?" she asked.

"Oh, I dunno, I always just think about this kind of stuff when I'm alone," he shrugged, looking into her eyes as the giggles died down, "But I guess I'm not really alone now, so I have someone to say them to."

"It's a valid point, though," she stated, looking out over the, almost empty, garden and taking in the view of the hills in the distance, "I mean, what you said about the whole 'incorrectly' thing."

Scoffing, Ovie responded, "Well, of course, it is. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't, would I?"

At how offended he had gotten, Summer laughed again, "Alright, jeez, I was paying yous a compliment wasn't I?"

Instead of responding, Ovie smiled. He smiled at the way her eyes lit up as she laughed and he smiled at the way she was completely oblivious about what was happening around them: about what was going down between Yewande, Arabella and Danny not even a few meters away from them.

It seemed like whenever they were alone together she seemed to ignore everyone else in the villa and solely focus on whatever they were doing or even talking about and that thought was what made Ovie smile.