[13 hungover starts and shocking finishes]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[13] thirteenth chapter
episode twelve, season 5
-narrative
word count 2632 
>In which it's
a boys' choice
recoupling, so
that can mean only
one thing.

Unlike her fellow islanders, Summer was not as hungover as she thought she was going to be when the all-too-familiar lights came on that morning. She turned over slightly in bed to see Ovie squinting at the brightness, making her chuckle.

"How did you sleep?" she asked quietly, their faces inches apart as they both rested their heads on the pillow.

Ovie made a mock grimace as he responded, "Horribly, you moved around too much and ended up elbowing me twice."

Summer's eyes widened in sympathy before she caught onto the smirk on his face that told her he was joking, "Shut up," she laughed, hitting him lightly on the arm as they both chuckled.

"What d'you think's gonna happen today then?" he then asked her, peering over his shoulder slightly to see people getting out of bed.

Propping herself up onto her elbow, Summer shrugged, "No actual idea, really, I mean, we might have to do backflips into the pool as a challenge for all I know."

"I fucking hope not," he shot back, fear evident on his face as they both burst into more laughter.

From behind them, Molly Mae lightly tapped Summer's shoulder, not fully wanting to spoil the moment as she asked, "You want to get ready babes?"

"Aye, sure," Summer responded, giving Ovie a short-but-sweet kiss on the lips, followed by him giving her a peck on the nose before she pulled herself out of bed and up the stairs with Molly.

Giving her friend a knowing smirk, the blonde nudged Summer lightly, "You two are getting along well."

"I mean, the chemistry's definitely there," Summer chuckled, "And I am enjoying getting to know about him and generally spending time with him," she shrugged, making Molly 'awe'.

"Yeah, I don't think me and Tommy are in that place, really, at the moment," the girl joked, sending them both into a fit of giggles as they made their way over to pick out an outfit.

After preparing her outfit and pinning her hair into a messy high ponytail, Summer made her way outside where she met Ovie in the kitchen.

"Well don't you look nice in that," he grinned, placing his hands on her waist as he looked at the bikini outfit she was wearing.

Blushing at the compliment, Summer smirked, "Yeah, yeah, and it'd look nicer on your floor. I've heard that one before," she chuckled with a slight shake of the head.