[28 casa amor, the house of love]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[28] twenty-eighth chapter
episode twenty-five+six, season 5
-narrative
word count 4707
>The islanders
say goodbye to Tom
and Arabella just before
splitting apart for their
biggest challenge so far.

After watching Maura and Tom's relationship fall to pieces over one discussion, the islanders had tried their hardest to continue the high spirits of the night in hopes of keeping the 'neon party' energy alive.

Summer was sat with Ovie, Molly and Tommy in the kitchen as they discussed their celebrity crushes and how it was perfectly reasonable for Summer to fancy both Gillian Anderson and Bruno Mars, even if they were two completely different people who didn't fall under the same 'type'.

Holding her hands up in defence, Summer tried to explain to the two boys she and Molly were sitting with. "All I'm saying is that one of them is a milf, and the other would catch a grenade for me. Literally, what more would you want in life?"

Molly Mae chuckled at the girl's reasoning, along with a bemused Ovie, whilst Tommy tried his hardest to process the girl's sentence. Before the boxer got a chance to ask what exactly a 'milf' was, however, the unfamiliar sound of heels clicking down the pathway into the garden from the villa caught everyone nearby's attention.

Summer's heart rate began to rise, thinking it was a new female bombshell — a possible potential threat to her and her friends — but her worries only heightened when she saw who had just crashed their party.

If the islanders hadn't have heard the woman walking in, they definitely saw the flash of an extravagant blue dress followed by a bright smile and locks of golden-blonde hair.

Silence had never been so loud in the villa as Caroline Flack strutted into their view, catching the majority off guard. "Hi, islanders!" She called out, flashcards in hand as she continued to make her way towards the edge of the deck.

A chorus of 'oh no!'s were heard from many islanders; they knew that when Caroline entered the villa, something was about to go down.

"How are you all?" The woman asked them, her smile never dropping.

From where she sat with Anton on the daybed, Maura called back playfully. "Well, we were having a party, but now obviously not."

Already knowing what was happening, most islanders began to rise slowly out of their seats whilst Caroline asked, "Please can we gather around the firepit." Causing everyone to exchange worried looks as they made their way to the designated area.

Ovie immediately made his way to where Summer was getting up from her chair and took her hand in his. The pair shared a quick kiss, giving each other reassurance, before following the others to where Caroline was waiting for them.

Soon enough all the islanders were stood around the firepit, waiting in anticipation for when Caroline would finally let them in on what was happening and if any of them were at risk of going home or not.

"Islanders," She began, noticing the anxious expressions on many of their faces, "I'm sure you're all wondering why I'm here. I've got some very important news for you. The public has been voting for their favourite couple."

Immediately, Summer felt Ovie's arm around her waist, pulling her towards him slightly as the girl placed her hands on his. The two of them, much like their friends in the villa, had no idea what the public had seen — or hadn't seen — so it was anyone's guess as to who the favourites were.