[18 dates and overthinking]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[18] eighteenth chapter
episode eighteen, season 5
-narrative+instagram
word count 2701
> In which Arabella
shoots her shot with
Danny and Ovie.

The sun shone down on the islanders as Summer and Ovie were chatting on the swingset about new girl Arabella.

"So..." Summer trailed off, looking at the man expectantly.

"So..." he repeated, clearly not picking up on what she was getting at.

After a good minute of silence, the girl huffed, having had enough of waiting, "What do you think of her?" she exclaimed, throwing her arms up exasperatedly.

Ovie chuckled before responding, "Well, I haven't really gotten a chance to get to know her, really, have I?"

"Well, that's not my fault, is it?" she told him with a slight laugh.

"It sort of is," Ovie deadpanned. After seeing the confused look on Summer's face he elaborated, "I mean, you look so beautiful today I could hardly even look in her direction," he smirked, making the girl blush furiously.

Leaning slightly into him, the smile never left Summer's face as she muttered, "Oh, catch yourself on," which made the both of them chuckle slightly.

A few moments of content silence later and a text alert tone chimed across the grass.

"I've got a text!" Arabella yelled, to which Ovie responded with, "Message!"

Arabella,
Today you'll be going on two dates. Please now choose your first date, and ask him out.
#girlpower #doubletrouble #playthefield

After the girls on the daybed closest to her had teased the blonde about having to pick, she finally made her first choice, "Um... Danny. Would you like to go on a date?"

"Yeah, let's do it," he nodded before the both of them went off to get changed.

Patting Ovie's arm lightly, Summer began to get up as she said, "Aight then, I'll go help her get ready."

"Yeah, yeah, and I'll help Danny," he responded with a grin, kissing the girl on the lips then one on the nose before parting ways.

Up in the bedroom, Arabella had already got a white, one-piece jumpsuit on as she explained to the others, "It's not nice treading on people's toes. It's not. But..."

"Coming in here, you have to," Maura finished for her knowingly.

"You've got to do what you've got to do," the blonde model agreed, seemingly not shaken at all by the fact she had chosen Yewande's guy.

Soon enough, the pair had left the villa and Summer was back on the beanbags with Molly, Yewande and Anna.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

It had been at least a few hours since Arabella and Danny had gone on their date and the islanders were expecting the boy to come back any time soon.

As he was sat on a sun lounger next to Summer, Ovie's phone went off making him shout, "I got a text!"

Sitting up slightly, Summer subtly cocked an eyebrow before he went to read out what it said.

Ovie,
Arabella has picked you for a date. Please get ready to leave the villa.

Almost as soon as he read the message out, some of the boys cheered slightly for him whilst the majority of the girl's mouths dropped. Sensing how tense Summer had become, Ovie leaned over across the daybed and grabbed her hand to give it a reassuring squeeze before heading into the villa with the lads to get ready.