Chapter 1 - I was wrong

Recommended song to listen to while reading - Orange Juice by Melanie Martinez

---------------------------------------✩✩✩

I just want to have a supportive best friend and loving family that actually cares about me, who loves me truly, and who will not judge me because of who I am.

I came out as gay to my family and best friend a few days ago. Even though I knew that my parents wouldn't accept me, I believed that at least my best friend will stay by my side and support me no matter what, but I was wrong.

*Flashback from 3 days ago*

It was around 16 at noon when I went up to my parents to finally tell them what I've been hiding from them for the past year.

"Mom, dad, I have something important to tell you." I said nervously.

"What is it? You finally decided to listen to me and take over the company?" Dad said coldly.

A little background story: My dad is the CEO of  BigHy, a really successful company in Australia.

"No, I told you already that I don't want to be part of any of that."

"Why are you so stubborn? How can you be so ignorant about the company and us, your family! You know how many people wish they had a life like yours?"  Mom replied, getting fed up with my so called „attitude".

"You're telling me that I am ignorant? You never cared about me! All you care about is money! You never listen to what I want!"

"How dare you say that to your mother! We only want the best for you and the best is what we decide! Why don't you want to listen to us for once?! You will marry the daughter of Mr. Kim and take over the company later on! Even if you want it, even if you don't! End of discussion!" He was fuming.

"I'm not going to marry her or any other women because I am GAY!!"

A loud slap echoed through the huge living room. I fell on my knees, holding my cheek that was now red. I looked up and saw my dad's disgusted expression.

"Get out of my house! You aren't my son! He would never be a f*ggot like you!"

He left together with my mom. I got up and packed my things as fast as I could. I called Chris, my best friend, and asked him if we could meet at the park because I needed to tell him something important. It was a really hot day of summer in Australia, the temperature being over 40 degrees Celsius.

After 10 minutes of waiting in the sun, he arrived.

"Hey, what's up? What happened?" He asked, clearly worried.