Chapter 8 - Distant...

Recommended song to listen to while reading - Mercy by Shawn Mendes

---------------------------------------✩✩✩

"Sorry Hyung, I can't come this time! I'm hanging out with Eunji today... Tell the others I'm sorry! And have fun! Bye!" I said, before leaving.

It was around 15.55 when I arrived at the café and waited for her to show up as well and, not long after that, she did.

"Hi! Sorry if I kept you waiting!"

"You didn't, don't worry! I arrived a few minutes ago as well! So how are you?"

"I'm good! How are you? And, between, thank you for coming!"

"I'm good as well!"

"Hello, I'm Jiho and I will be your server today! What can I get started for you?" The server asked politely.

"Well... I would like a matcha latte and a strawberry cheesecake." Eunji said.

"And what about you, Sir?"

"I would like a chocolate cheesecake and a Caramel Macchiato please."

"Alright. I'll be back in a few minutes."

We stayed in silence until our food came. The atmosphere was a little tense so I decided to be the ice breaker (every time I say or write this, I thing about Ice Age! Or the song "Ice Ice Baby" Anyone else? No...? Moving on!)

"So... do you come here often?"

"Yes! This is my favorite café! They have the best cheesecakes and drinks! I hope you will like it here too!"

We were silent after that and, thank God/ Choi San, the food came a few minutes later. We ate peacefully, without saying a word."

"I'm sorry this is so awkward... I really want to get to know you better but I'm too shy to start a conversation..."

"No, it's fine. And you don't have to be shy! I would be more than happy to answer your questions!" She is so nice and polite! I really hope we can become friends!

"Thank you! So... let's start simple: What's your favorite food?"

"You can that easy?? Give me a second... It's probably fried chicken! I couldn't live without it!" She laughed a little at my response. "What's yours?"

"Mine is probably the spicy Korean Carrots! It's just so good! Did you try it before?"

"No... I'm not the biggest fan of carrots..."

"Oh... Um, next question: Do you have any pets?"

"Yes! I have a dog named Layla! What about you?" My eyes lit up just by thinking about Layla... I really miss her...