Chapter 9 - Hurt

Recommended song to listen to while reading -  향기만 남아 (Memory of your scent) Cover by Jeongin - Stray Kids

---------------------------------------✩✩✩

I wiped my tears away and started walking to the library. I started working on my projects, not taking a single break. That's the only way I could stop myself from crying or thinking about what happened: overworking.

 It was 11.30 when I got there and, at the time I decided to take a little break, it was almost 18. I didn't eat anything the whole day but I wasn't hungry. Or maybe it was just my brain telling me that I didn't deserve food. Either way, I wasn't going to eat.

I looked out the big window that was next to my desk, relaxing my eyes from the screen of my laptop.

While checking the time, I saw that Jay and Eunji texted me. I didn't want to talk to anyone so I put my phone on silent and started working again.

By the time I finished all 3 projects, I needed to leave because they were closing, which meant it was almost 23 pm.

I felt really exhausted but it was worth it. Not only did I get my work done, but I also got my mind off of the boy.

I didn't have a choice but to go back to our dorm and face Sunghoon once again. I also decided it was time for me to respond to Jay Hyung and noticed that he called me like 30 times and sent me at least 100 messages.

I called him after a few minutes of thinking if I really care about my life or not. I was sure he was going to lecture me and, guess what? I was right. After telling him a trillion times that I was fine, he told me to be safe and we hung up. Who told him I was out though? Because I'm pretty sure that my roommate wasn't the one. I mean, why would he?

I told Hyung that I was fine but I wasn't. I felt sick. Sick of everything. Sick of people that make me feel special and then leave me. Make me feel like someone actually cares. But the truth is, no one does.

Wanting to spend a little bit more time alone, I took the longest route.

 The weather was nice and calm. The fresh air made my body relax and loosen. This is all I needed.

 I took a deep breath before deciding it was time for me to go back.

I was just in time. They were ready to close the gates of the campus when they saw me and decided to just let me in, without questioning me. It was probably because they were ready to leave, their shift being over.

I walked in the room, without sparing Sunghoon a glance. I couldn't wait for the next day. I guess it's a good thing that I'm moving in another dorm. At least I will not bother him anymore, nor be a burden to him. I can finally have my own bed and space as well...