Chapter 15: Mehendi and Sangeet

The next day, preparations for the Mehendi and grand Sangeet began. Neelam was searching for something but was unable to find it. She sighed “hey bhagwaan sindoor toh wahi Mumbai mein chut gaya” 

Manvi came to her and asked “maa kya hua?”

“Are tumhari bhabhi ke shagun mein sindoor nahi hai.. Shayad mumbai mein hi chut gaya hai” Neelam said worriedly. 

Manvi smiled “toh isme aap pareshan kyun ho rahi ho? Bazaar se dusra aa jayega” she replied.

“Wo toh thik hai.. Par sindoor khareedna phir mandir mein pooja karana idhar itne kaam hai kaise hoga?” Neelam said. 

“Aap chinta kyun karti ho main hoon na market jaati hun aur phir mandir bhi” Manvi replied giving her a side hug. 

Neelam smiled “Thank you beta.. Par akele mat jaana ek kaam kar Ahana ko saath leja” she suggested. 

Ahana who was sitting on the couch shouted along with Manvi “No…” 

Neelam got scared for a moment.. “Tum dono bhi na.. Aapne bhaiya bhabhi/Di jiju ke liye itna nahi kar sakte?” she asked knowing both won’t deny. 

Ahana thought for a moment “ye mauka bhi hai bahar jaake uss picture ke baare mein pata karne ka” 

Ahana agreed “thik hai Aunty.. Main jaati hun” 

Manvi also said “maa main jaati hun aap chinta na karo” 

Neelam agreed, she also sent a servant with them so that none would get lost and return to Haveli safely. 

Manvi and Ahana got down at the market, Ahana had to make an excuse and leave so that she could do her work. Ahana said “Manvi mujhe kuch aur lena hai main tumhe temple mein milungi direct” 

Manvi agreed as she wasn’t really interested in her “okay fine” 

Manvi purchased the sindoor and headed back towards the jeep. She was a girl screaming for help but the crowd was standing and watching the scenario. She pushed them and was left shocked to see that same guy misbehaving with the girl.