Chapter 17: The Wedding

After Bulbul the beautician left, Ahana did Bulbul’s bangle ceremony in the presence of elders. Ahana smiled and said “haaye Di.. just kuch der aur phir jiju aapko dekhle ghodi se hi gir jayenge”

Bulbul smiled hearing her and the day passed in a blur. 

Here Viren was in the temple along with his mother and Manvi. He was wearing a lovely sherwani with sehra on his head. A perfect groom he was, Manvi teased him “bhai.. Aaj aap itne hot lag rahe ho na.. Bhabhi se control hi nahi hoga”

Viren shot a deadly glare at her but couldn’t say anything as it was a temple. Manvi bit her tongue out and closed her eyes folding her hands in front of the god ideal. 

She prayed “bhagwaan please mere bhai ko hamesha khush rakhna..” 

Viren prayed “bas itna chahta hun Dad mannu ko wahi pyaar de jo mujhe diya hai

Viren prayed “bas itna chahta hun Dad mannu ko wahi pyaar de jo mujhe diya hai.. Bhale hi wo kahe na par main jaanta hun she always craved for his love” 

After the Puja, Viren sat on the horse and the baarat left for Haveli. Manvi danced in front like a mad, Anand didn’t like that but couldn’t speak anything. 

He signalled Neelam to stop her but she didn’t pay attention to his words as she knows how much Manvi waited for this big day. 

Here at the entrance of the Haveli, Ahana was standing at the entrance along with relatives to welcome the baraat. Viren stepped down off the horse and walked towards the entrance. He stopped in front of the ribbon which was blocking his way to enter. 

Ahana smiled and said “jiju meri di ko aap mujhse churake le jaane waale ho.. Jurmana toh dena hoga” 

Viren smiled hearing her and Manvi spoke “churake nahi le jaa rahe

Viren smiled hearing her and Manvi spoke “churake nahi le jaa rahe.. Baikaida shaadi karke leke jayenge.. Kyun bhai??” 

Viren nodded in yes but as per rituals he had to give Ahana Shagun. He handed her the envelope, Ahana opened it and was disappointed to see the amount. 

“What’s this jiju? Main aapko itni anmol Di de rahi hun aur aap kanjusi kar rahe ho neg mein” She said in a teasing tone. 

Viren sighed, he looked at his father who smiled in return. Manvi looked at Anand and thought “mere liye toh inse 100 rupee bhi nahi nikalte hai”