Chapter 22: Convincing Her

At Railway Station

Ahana was sitting on the bench and waiting for the train to Mumbai. She remembered the time spent with bulbul. Tears brimmed down her eyes, she hit the bench in anger.

“bejaan ko lat maarne se kuch nahi hoga Ahana” the voice said.

Ahana looked up and saw Viren standing there in front of her. She stood up straight and said in anger “toh Di ne aapko bheja hai mujhe samjhane ke liye..”

“mujhe kisine nahi bheja hai Ahana main khud yahan aaya hun” Viren spoke defending Bulbul.

“aur aap mujhe lene aaye hai toh mujhe wapas nahi jaana hai” Ahana replied straightforwardly.

Viren turned her towards him and looked straight into her eyes

Viren turned her towards him and looked straight into her eyes. “Ahana bachpan se kabhi bhi tum musibat mein padi ho ya tumse koi galti hui hai toh kya bulbul ne tumhara saath chod diya?” he questioned her

Ahana looked at him thoughtfully and was silent for a while.

“yaad karo college mein tumse kitni badi galti hui thi..” Viren reminded her.

Ahana recalled…..

It was her final year of college; she was preparing for the final exams and her friend who was in 2nd year came to her running and cried “Ahana”

Ahana looked at her and got worried “kya hua Tia?”

“kal exam hai aur main papa ki tabiyat kharab hone ki wajah se thik se padh bhi nahi paayi, fail ho gayi toh pura saal kharab jayega main kya karun…” she exclaimed emotionally.

Ahana wiped her tears and said “please ro mat.. main tumhari madad kar paati toh zaroor karti”

“kar sakti ho Ahana, tum apni Di ki help karne ke liye academic department mein kaam karti ho toh please kal ka exam paper mujhe de do” she requested her for the sake of friendship.

Ahana was shocked hearing her, Tia began to sob more. Ahana was dilemma, Tia said “please.. apni dost ki madad kardo”

Ahana agreed “thik hai main tumhari madad karungi”

Ahana thought “Di ne sikhaya hai jab zaroorat ho doston ki madad karni chahiye..”

It was during lunch hour, she went into the staff room and logged into the system. She found the paper for 2nd year and printed it out. Just then a staff member entered inside and saw her doing something fictitious “Ahana…” the member shouted.

Ahana turned and the papers dropped down from her hand, she looked behind and Tia was standing there with a smirk on her face. The lecturer picked up the papers and glanced at them.