Author's Note

That's it! The end!

I can't believe the Big Dipper is finally finished. When I first started this story, on March 27th, 2020, I never imagined I would get here.

At the time, I was excited by a prompt I had read about Narcissa Black. I told my best friend Lexi (who deserves a shout out as my most trusted reader and the creator of Rue!) about this new idea I had and wrote the prologue in twenty minutes. Now, a year and a half later, this story spans 1500 pages, over three separate Google Docs, not to mention the countless documents devoted to timelines and future plans and class schedules I made to go along with it.

I have loved writing Ursula's story. I realized fairly soon into it that it wasn't just a Fred Weasley fanfiction, but rather Ursula Black's story, where she happened to fall in love with Fred. Ursula is the best character I've ever created, and this story means so much to me as a sign of my growth as a writer.

It's unbelievable to me that some of y'all love this story, and Ursula, as much as I do.

I am so, so, so incredibly thankful for each and every person who has readed, liked, or commented on this story.

You have kept me going across 113 wonderful chapters, and though I'm sad to announce that this is the real, actual, true ending, I know I've finished this story in the best way possible.

Now that it's over, please consider reading my other fanfictions, which I hope to update more now that the Big Dipper is finished.

Sinners Play As Saints is about Sinclair Fontaine, a Ravenclaw from a family of criminals who discovers a secret about Draco Malfoy — then falls in love with him. As the war and her feelings unfold, she must untangle a web of family secrets that only grow darker and more complex as Voldemort rises to power.

Pride & Prejudice stars Lucretia Black as the misfit adopted daughter of Regulus Black, sorted into Gryffindor in the footsteps of Sirius, her real father, for whom she harbors nothing but hate. She juggles her own secrets, societal expectations, and a growing love for her best-friend-turned-worst-enemy, Julian Rosier.

Whether or not any of you read my other stories, I want you to know how thankful I am that you have read and enjoyed this one.

Farewell, Ursula Black.

Thank you.

— The Author