15 | Unwanted Visitor, Unwanted Fingers

A thick layer of tension filled the room like a toxic fog, the three of us in silence as Sofia laid on the living room rug whilst Tom stitched up a deep knife slash in her torso. He had given her a shot of local anaesthetic which we kept in our highly sophisticated first aid kit; including medicinal drugs that you definitely can't buy at a chemist. I sat on the couch curled up under a blanket, watching them from a distance.

None of us spoke, although Sofia apologised multiple times only to be shushed by Tom. I felt uncomfortable, I felt awkward and I felt extremely scared. Tom had literally just figured out she was most likely the one sending the severed fingers and she turns up at our fucking door?

And he lets her into our fucking house too?

Whatever the fuck you're doing Tom, I don't fucking like it because she just got me fired, sent us five fucking severed fingers and now she's at our house. You better have a good fucking reason.

"I-Is it going to scar?" She asked, looking down at her stomach worriedly.

"Maybe, make sure you get it looked at properly. I'm not the best at stitching people up," Tom said quietly.

"If it helps I've got a pretty bad one, nothing beats a scar like this," I said raising my shirt and showing her the large scar on my torso, trying to make her feel better. She just looked at me and nodded gently, still in fear and pain I guess.

He helped her to her feet, telling her she was welcome to a warm shower and one of the guest rooms down the hall. She thanked him, wished us both good night and after I heard the bathroom door close I turned to Tom with a menacing glare.

"What the fuck are you doing letting that psycho bitch into our house? It's weird letting your ex girlfriend have a little sleepover at your house at the best of times but especially when she's fucking crazy!" I said, my voice barely louder than a whisper, still conscious she could hear us without the shower water running yet.

"Come on, let's go to bed Darling. I'll explain more behind closed doors," he said standing up, outstretching his hand and escorting me to our bedroom on the other side of the house.

"You better have a good fucking reason for letting her in, because she wants our heads on a fucking platter," I said pulling my shirt off and putting my usual pajamas on; an old t-shirt of his from our time in Witness Protection.

"It's the fucking code okay? I can't turn away someone from The Family when they're in danger. Doesn't matter if I dated them or whether they're fucking crazy or not, I have to give them support. What kind of Godfather would I be if I turned her away?" Tom said taking his shirt off and undoing his jeans.

"A logical one?! You'd be doing the right thing turning her away. She's insane! And don't get me started on what I think I heard you said her name was. Sofia Maniscalo? Like Uncle Jack Maniscalo? Don't tell me you fucking dated that son of a bitches even crazier daughter... God damn, the psychopathic tendencies must run strong in their fucking genes," I sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed and putting my head in my hands.

"Okay I get it, you're upset and I am too. Don't think I like doing any of this. I'm kicking her out tomorrow, The Family code says I offer a hand of support when a member needs it, and I have. She'll be gone by morning I swear," he groaned, annoyed at the fact his ex-girlfriend was in our house. He rubbed my back, telling me everything was going to be okay.

Good, at least he's on the same page as me.

We both got into bed and he put his arm around me, pulling me to his side so my head was resting on him. I know Tom has a gun attached to the underside of the bed so I feel safe with him, but seriously - what the actual fuck is going on tonight?

"Tell me about her, why is she cutting off fingers hm?" I asked softly, drawing patterns on Tom's bare chest with my finger.

"We're only 99 percent sure it's her, like she could be working with other people... But I uh, I dated her when I was nineteen and young and dumb and sex obsessed. And both our families were so excited and happy for us. It was fine at the start but she started getting way too serious and wanted to settle down earlier than I had even thought about. She kept talking about how I'd become the Godfather one day and she'd be the Godmother and we'd be the ultimate mafia power couple or whatever," he shrugged, playing with my hair delicately.

"Then what happened?" I asked.

"She asked me out to lunch at this really nice restaurant, told me to dress up and when I got there both my family and hers were seated at the table. They all stood up and cheered when I arrived, congratulating me and telling me they were so proud. I was really fucking confused because I couldn't ask what was happening. I had no idea what was going on until Mum hugged me and told me she was happy I was settling down with someone she approved of. Then Paddy asked which of the brothers would be my best man and everything clicked," he continued.

"She told them you guys were getting married?" I asked again.

"She staged an entire engagement announcement. Bought herself a huge expensive ring, told our families that she was so surprised when it happened and made up this huge backstory about how I proposed. I couldn't create a scene in front of everyone and be like 'what the fuck this didn't happen'. I was scared I'd be fucking killed right there and then by Uncle Jack. So I smiled and nodded until we finally got home and absolutely lost my shit at her. I was furious. I broke up with her, moved houses, told my family we broke up 'mutually because we were too young' and started fresh. Jack kind of had his reservations about me ever since I broke his little girls heart. It was insane," he finished, resting his head against the pillow.

"Well that explains why we're getting sent all the ring fingers... Guess she found out you became The Godfather and she's pissed her little fantasy hasn't come true..." I said bluntly.

"I haven't seen her in years and now she turns up... This can't be a good thing," he sighed.

"Can't you just get someone to kill her?" I asked softly.

"She's in The Family Y/N, I can't do that. Especially as The Godfather. I'll send her away tomorrow, don't worry my love," he said kissing my forehead softly and turning off the lamp next to us.

She better fucking leave us the fuck alone.