22 | The Perks of Working in Forensics

"Give it to me straight, what have you got planned up your sleeve because you're acting way too calm," Tom said getting out of the car to join me on the bonnet. We always used to sit on the bonnet of my car when we drove up here, we'd talk for hours looking out at the lights of suburbia all out to the city glow on the horizon.

"I killed Sofia with a lethal shot of M99 that I kept in my WITSEC house in case the guy who gave me this scar ever found my new identity," I said calmly, sipping the slurpee we had each gotten on the way up here.

"Right, and what's M99?" He asked cocking his head to the side as if I was speaking a foreign language. To him, I probably was. I forget that forensics aren't common knowledge to everyone.

"Etorphine. It's basically a veterinary used synthetic narcotic that is up to a thousand times stronger than human morphine," I explained.

"And how did you have that?" He asked again.

"I knew a guy in the jail system who gave me a single dose before I entered Witness Protection for if I ever needed to kill myself quickly and painlessly," I further explained.

"And so you killed Sofia with that and put her in the bathtub and now we've left her there to rot?" He asked, confused as to why we had left a crime scene without erasing evidence.

"Because soon, from this vantage point, we will see the crime scene become completely destroyed. That's why I wanted us to drive up here, to get a good view of the show," I smiled.

"See? Now you've lost me. What do you mean the crime scene will get destroyed?" He asked, momentarily before a giant ball of fire shot up into the sky below us, the WITSEC house now being engulfed with flames from the explosion.

"What the fuck Y/N! You did that?!" Tom asked, his eyes wide as he leant forward to watch the fire. He was impressed, frightened but ultimately he was in love.

"Sofia emptied the house and made sure I couldn't get out. But she didn't turn off the gas and the water mains. So when she died, I used her lighter to set as many small fires in the house that I could. You know, candles, tightly rolled up newspaper, the couch, the wardrobe. Then I turned all the gas outlets on so by the time it leaked throughout the house, we'd be long gone and the explosion wouldn't get us. Given she's in the bath tub, the cops will rule it a dramatic suicide, saying she couldn't live without you and that she overdosed on drugs before the fire," I explained casually, sipping my drink again.

"Y- Wha- I-... You just committed major arson alongside your very first murder... And they'll never trace it back to you..." Tom muttered in disbelief, completely shocked that I had come up with this plan by myself.

"They won't find the M99 in her blood because her body will be completely burnt, all the other houses are vacant and because our little sleepy cul-de-sac was so far away from everything else, it will be a long time before someone reports smoke in the distance. The house will be completely destroyed by the time the authorities get there, it'll take them days to identify her body from just dental records," I shrugged, watching the fire.

"But why would Sofia Maniscalo be at your old Witness Protection house? They'll question us for sure," he interjected.

"Yes, but given Sofia's crazy record lately of stalking and wanting me out of the picture, they won't further investigate... Trust me, the homicide team are friends of mine... I'll sway them by telling them the truth about how crazy Sofia is, I just won't go into detail about the kidnapping or anything," I smiled.

We sat on the bonnet of his car watching the fire consume the house, a bright orange glow in the valley below us as we sat in silence. We were almost admiring it, as if it was a work of art I had finally completed. I was actually quite proud of myself for pulling something like this off and so was Tom, seeing the love of his life finally coming to terms with being a part of his true life of crime.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" He muttered.

"The fire?" I said turning to him.

"I meant  the feeling of killing someone who deserved it, but yes, the fire too," he rectified. I know Tom hated the immense guilt he felt whenever he had killed someone who didn't completely deserve to be killed, but he always felt on top of the world when 'the bastard deserved it'.

Seeing him watch the fire was like watching a kid see fireworks for the first time, a serene moment of amazement and wonder. He was in awe.

"You know Darling, this kind of makes you the perfect addition to The Family now... The initiation is taking out someone who is a threat to The Family and you've made the ultimate kill tonight with Sofia Maniscalo. We don't have many women who take the oath but uh, the few who do are fucking legendary. They're some of my best associates. I want you to know that I'm really proud of you tonight... Your first kill was beyond incredible for someone who's never done something like this before," he smiled, leaning in to kiss me.

I pulled him down with me as I laid with my back on the bonnet, his body soon hovering over mine as our tongues moved in sync with each other's and our hands roamed each other's bodies.

Not only had we not seen each other in a month, but we weren't sure we'd ever see the other person again in our lives; this was the ultimate reconnection. Before we knew it, my tracksuit pants were around my ankles as were his jeans, my shirt laying on the windscreen as he pulled me off the bonnet.

Effortlessly flipping me over, I had my palms flat on the car as his hands gripped my waist tightly, kissing my neck as I felt his hard cock brush against my ass through his underwear.

"I know this is fucked up but finding out you killed someone kind of turned me on tonight," he said groaning lowly in my ear, gripping one of my breast as the other hand pumped his cock.

"And I know this is fucked up but kind of I like the feeling of knowing I killed her myself... I feel powerful," I said turning my head to kiss him as he pushed himself inside me, harsh gasps escaping each of our mouths.

He thrusted slowly at first, filling me easily with his size and my throbbing clit begging to be touched already. And as if he read my mind, his arm wrapped around me to do just that; his fingers messily circling my sensitive heat as my muscles clenched around him.

Whimpering, I tried to keep myself propped up with my elbows, Tom holding my hips with one hand as he roughly sped up his pace and the other hand playing with my clit. It was messy, deep and fast; completely desperate for each other's touch.

Both of us were still wearing out shirts, our pants around our ankles and yet, we were having sex at a semi-popular lookout. Of course, nobody would come here at night besides us - the vantage point was closed.

The sound of slapping skin and a string of moans consumed us and we neared our highs. Struggling to keep myself up I rest my head on my forearms, letting my weight fall onto my elbows as Tom thrust into me from behind.

I felt his length quiver inside me, my walls tightly pulsating around him as I too, reached my climax. My orgasm hit only seconds before his, my cum drenching his cock as he continued to thrust before he managed to pull and out cum god knows where. As long as it wasn't inside me or on the car, I was fine.

Hastily pulling out clothes back on I laid back on the bonnet with a loud sigh, laughing and staring up at the stars as he joined me. It was quiet at the lookout, no other cars around and no nearby traffic to be heard. It was just the sound of our out of breath panting to fill the air.

"Did we just get turned on by murder?" I laughed.

"Or was it the arson that made it so hot?" He joked back, referring to the fire.

"We should probably drive back home, I'm dying for to snuggle up with you and have a proper nights sleep," I smiled, turning my head to face him, my breath still heavy and my heart rate pounding.

"As long as you make me a tea, I've missed them."