21 | Something You're Not Telling Me

With the back door unlocked and a refreshing breeze now blowing through the house, I lit Sofia's usual candles and smiled to myself, feeling finally free but still staying in the house as I fell deep into thought.

I sat on the bathroom floor after I dragged her body in behind me and put her body in. I positioned her arms to make it look like she was relaxing and I sighed before thinking about two crucial things:

1) How do I get back home without money or a phone, nobody likes hitchhikers anymore.

2) How do I not get caught for murdering Sofia with a lethal dose of M99.

I had fallen asleep on the couch, finally getting a moment to rest properly without the fear of Sofia waking me up and asking me to take my clothes off or brush my hair. This owas before I woke up to Tom shaking my shoulders next to me in tears.

He had basically fallen down to the floor to hug me, relieved that I wasn't too badly hurt and that I was of course, still alive.

"You're alive..." he smiled in relief, pulling himself up to hug me and rest in my lap as I smiled.

"I'm alive and I'm safe and I'm just so happy that you found me," I said kissing him as he looked up at me. Honestly I don't remember too much of our repetitious cycle of saying 'I love you' and 'I missed you' and 'I'm so glad you're safe', it was a blur. We both just cried and hugged like little babies.

"Where's... Where's Sofia?" He finally asked, standing up and looking around the empty room.

"Follow me," I said softly, getting off the couch and walking to the bathroom where her body was.

"What's going on?" He asked, seeing an 'asleep' Sofia in the bathtub as he wrapped his arms around me, not wanting to let me go.

"She's dead now, don't worry. I figured if you couldn't kill her because of The Family code, I could kill her because the rules don't apply to me. I didn't take any oaths or anything... And it was the only way I could escape," I said leaning my head on him as he continued to hold me.

He took a moment to pause, staring at the now pale body looking peaceful and calm and silent for the first time in her god damn life.

"Why is she in the bathtub wearing her clothes? Where's the blood?" He asked, but I told him to not worry.

"Darling, I-I'm so sorry she did this to you, I came here was soon as she left my house tonight and I re-read your letter... Did she hurt you badly?" He asked pulling away from his hug and looking at my black eye.

"Only this one time but I'm just happy you're here and we can go home," I smiled.

"I'm uh, I'm actually surprised you killed her... Did you  uh, drown her?" He asked, looking at the body in the tub. He sounded nervous, not about the dead body but more about the fact I had done it.

"No, a shot of M99," I shrugged. He asked what M99 was and I told him I'd explain later.

It's funny, after I had shot Daniel I was an emotional wreck, I guess because I had shot an innocent person for the first time in my life. With Sofia, there wasn't any blood, there wasn't any doubt of whether or not she was innocent and I definitely knew she deserved it.

But I felt nothing about her.

"Darling, I... I don't think we can't get my cleaners to get rid of her body, they'll know I have had something to do with this and I can't do that being The Godfather..." he trailed before I shook my head.

"Don't worry, I planned it all out. Perks of working alongside the forensics team means I know what cops look for when they turn up to crime scenes," I said leaving the bathroom holding his hand.

"Y/N, I'm kind of worried about you, are you sure you're feeling okay about all of this? You've just been held hostage for a month a-and you killed someone for the first time and you're acting like you've just gotten back from a vacation," he said stopping me in the living room and holding both of my hands in his.

"Tom, listen to me. This is going to work, don't worry you won't be linked to this at all. Come on, we can go home and sleep safely together knowing this crazy bitch is out of our lives forever. I have everything planned out just trust me," I smiled, leaning in to kiss him again.

"Don't get me wrong Darling, I'm proud of you and I'm glad she's dead because I couldn't do it myself... But killing your first person is a lot to deal with and I'm kind of worried that you're telling me to leave a dead person sitting in a bathtub with your fingerprints everywhere and acting completely normal..." he said walking back to the door.

"I'll meet you in the car Tom, I just have to uh, say good bye to the house. It sounds dumb but I kinda just want to have one last moment alone," I smiled, watching Tom slowly go to his car and giving me a strange look.

I took a deep breath, walked around the house and said my last goodbyes before getting in Tom's car and sighing in relief.

"Good to be back? To feel free again?" He smiled.

"I knew you'd find me, but before we go home can we go to the lookout up on the hill that we used to go to? Just to finally say goodbye to our little cul-de-sac of hell," I laughed, resting my hand on his thigh.

"You better explain all this shit to me when we're up there otherwise I'm calling my cleaners to get rid of the evidence... I mean, they won't find my prints there but I can't guarantee you won't have someone after you when they find out you killed a Maniscalo," he sighed, driving to the familiar lookout him and I used to drive to to look out across the valley.