29 | An Innocent Girls Mind

Robyn and Haz had organised the main wedding party to be flown out in the same private jet to Italy. The two of them however, were not on our flight. The jet consisted of five seperate little cabins with the aisle between the middle of them all, perfect for the five bridesmaids and five groomsmen. The cabins were spacious for a plane, I truly hadn't ever experienced anything quite this luxurious when travelling.

They each had a converting couch that could recline into a king sized bed, with a television screen along the opposite wall. There were only two bathrooms on board, which was perfectly fine for the ten passengers on board. Down the end was a small bar and long leather lounges that we could mingle around.

The plane landed in Naples from which we were escorted to a luxury yacht to sail us down the Amalfi Coast. Again, this was the most extravagant boat I had ever been on. Majority of us were in the jacuzzi at the back, which wasn't set to a heating setting given we were sailing during summer.

The people on this boat are some of the most dramatic people I have ever met. In simple terms, let me break it down for you to explain how awkward it should be at this wedding but somehow isn't.

Bridal Party
Robyn.
Me.
Robyn's sister Marisa.
Robyn's sweet old college friend Lillie.
Robyn's annoying friend Chai.
And Sharlize from the mafia.

Grooms Party
Harrison.
Tom.
Robyn's sisters husband Nathaniel.
Campbell from the mafia.
Dimitri from the mafia.

Robyn is the obviously the bride who is marrying Harrison, we all know that. Robyn's sister Marisa is married to Nathaniel. Nathaniel is a lawyer who is dirty and gets us all out of legal trouble, he's not in the mafia but he's a close associate. I'm obviously with Tom, and Tom is with me. That's the simple part.

Now for the confusing shit. Sharlize is one of the head madam's of the PlayHaus, so she basically runs the brothel. She has slept with both Campbell and Dimitri multiple times and neither of them know. Campbell is trying to sleep with Chai, god knows why, but that is making Sharlize pay extra attention to Dimitri to make Campbell jealous.

Chai is into Dimitri so she finds Sharlize a threat, but is happy flirting with Campbell whenever he hits on her. Robyn's really nice and innocent friend Lillie is really hitting it off with Campbell and is too shy to properly hit on him, yet he's too focused over Chai who doesn't even want him in the first place.

Understand it all?
Yeah, neither do I.

"This is the most luxurious trip I've ever experienced and we haven't even gotten to the hotel," I whispered in Tom's ear as he put his arm around me in the water, laughing falsely at one of the boys making some sort of crude joke about anal sex.

"I'll make sure to change that one day then, I don't want Haz stealing my thunder," he whispered back, kissing my cheek.

I noticed Lillie standing along the side of the boat looking out at the water and carefully got out of the jacuzzi to go stand with her. We had met briefly at Robyn's engagement party but she didn't really know anyone as well as we all did. Fuck, I still feel like the outsider in all of this shit, imagine how she feels.

"You okay?" I said wrapping a towel around my body and leaning against the railing next to Lillie.

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I be? This is the most insane trip I've ever been on. I can't believe Harrison's company got him this rich..." she grinned at me.

What the fuck is Harrison's cover story? Is he supposed to be some tech mogul?

"How much do you know about Haz?" I asked, trying to get a grasp on what she knew about us all. I knew for a fact she had no idea about the crime family but I was curious to see what she thought.

"Oh, well Robyn hasn't gone into it all that much because Harrison apparently gets kind of embarrassed about her talking about him. But he created an app or something when he was really young and got offered a job at some wicked big company and now he owns his own company with Tom... Did I get that right? They're the two founders?" She smiled.

"Yeah you're actually dead on the money. Tom and Haz aren't super involved in all the technology side of things anymore but uh, they're lucky to have gotten so successful from it..." I nodded, looking out to the water.

Tom wolf whistled from the jacuzzi, causing me to turn around as he yelled 'take the towel off darling!' and have all the boys coo and wind him up.

They were already drunk.

"You think the hens night will be as wild as the bucks?" Lillie asked me as she rolled her eyes at Tom's attempt of drunken cat calling before giggling.

"I think we will have one good drunk night and then spend the rest of the days exploring the coast and getting our nails done and having massages and being fed grapes by hot tanned men on a private beach," I laughed.

She was sweet Lillie, she really was. I sometimes wonder what her reaction would be like if she were to ever find out how all these men and women around her made their money. I wonder if she would get scared and disappear or whether she'd try to embrace it and accept us.

God forbid, I would never tell any of my old friends about what I do for work now. They think that I left the federal police force to join a private investigation firm. Can you imagine if they knew I had killed someone?

Can you imagine if they knew how many people Tom has killed? I don't even know how many he has, let alone the fact it would probably take him a fair while to figure it out himself.

But that's just the business we are all in now.