28 | Always On Business

You are cordially invited to the wedding of

ROBYN ELEANOR LINCOLN-CAMPBELL

and

HARRISON JOHN OSTERFIELD

on

Saturday 14th April, 2021
3'O Clock in the Afternoon

Hotel Figurati Mozzafiato,
Amalfi Coast, Italy

"Are you fucking kidding me? That's like one of the most expensive hotels in the fucking world... Mother fucker, Haz always has to do the absolute most," Tom laughed, passing me the paper invitation and looking at the contents inside their 'wedding invitation box' they had delivered to our house.

"Well yeah, have you seen Robyn? The boy always has to keep up with how stylish she is. And he is like, super extra. I don't know anyone but him who coordinates specific Rolex's to their outfits," I laughed, tapping Tom's own Rolex that he wore basically every day; like a semi normal person.

Sometimes I forget how rich Tom really is. I of course earn my own money through the mafia but he always buys me lavish gifts for no reason. I told him to stop because there wasn't ever an occasion for these gifts; so he made up occasions.

"Happy Wednesday"
"Merry Good Hair Day"
"You woke up on time"
"Happy three quarter anniversary"

Inside the box were our return flights to Italy, details about the hotel accommodation and a bottle of vintage Dom Perignon. Simple yet classy. Very classy. Scrolling on my laptop at pictures of the hotel, I messaged Robyn excitedly about the venue because she refused to tell us where it was until the invites were sent out.

ME
Italy ?!?!?
!!!!!
I LVOE YOY
!!!!

BAD BITCH
I know ;)

Tom chuckled and rubbed his face when he checked his own phone, locking it and taking a deep breath.

"What?" I asked.

"You ready to meet the other Maniscalo sister?" He chuckled, looking at my probably worried face and finding it amusing.

"Does she know I killed her sister and basically put her Dad in jail?" I said, my voice sounding flustered and my hands becoming clammy. Gross.

"Probably. She would like you though, like I told you before, she hates her family. And her husband Benji is coming, that's who texted me just now. He's a legend, I love Benjiro. I mean, I've never met him but he always helps business and we talk online sometimes. Haz buys cars from him too," he shrugged.

"He's the Japanese Yakuza boss right? Your little internet buddy is in the Yakuza?" I laughed, leaning my head on Tom's shoulder and putting my laptop in between us, balancing on each of our thighs as we sat on the couch together.

"Italy... So sick... You been before?" He asked, watching the multiple videos on the website and laughing whenever I said anything along the lines of 'holy shit', 'holy fuck', 'oh my fucking god' or 'Jesus fucking christ'.

"No I haven't, have you?" I said pausing the video.

"Yeah a few times. Not for anything like this though, always on business," he frowned.

The look on his face kind of made me sad. As rich and cultured as Tom was, I doubt he ever spent much of his travel time actually exploring the countries he went to. He would go for mafia business, meet with clients and potentially have a few nights out drinking wildly and partying; for business. But he never really spent time being a normal guy, sightseeing or looking around the cities.

"Well we have a week there, we can have a little bit of a holiday together before the wedding," I smiled, although Tom just laughed at me and shook his head.

"Oh Darling, we can try but I know for sure that you and the girls will have a beautiful picturesque hens week and I'll be completely fucked off my face for days leading up to the actual ceremony. It's Haz we're talking about, he will want a three day bender as a buck's night," Tom laughed.

"Just be safe okay? I don't want you looking like shit for your best friends wedding. Make sure you have a sober night before the actual day," I smiled.

"Oh, he will probably want to go hard as soon as we land, then sober up the following few days until the wedding. You'll be probably drunk the first night, then go to day spas or whatever the fuck girls do," he laughed.

"Robyn will have planned something crazy I'm sure. Just don't go sleep with any prostitutes okay?" I threatened.

"What? Why would I fuck a prostitute?" Tom laughed at me, screwing his face up.

"I don't know, isn't that what bucks nights are like?" I laughed back.

"Darling, I'm not going to cheat on you. I wouldn't ever dream of it. If a stripper even comes close to me, I'll look in the opposite direction," he promised.

"No you can still be a typical guy and have fun, just don't fuck anyone," I laughed.

"I promise."