32 | Trust Me, Trust Them

It was a rough day for Tom to say the least once he woke up after Harrison's bachelor party. Not only did he awaken at around two in the afternoon, he was severely hungover. The other boys all in a similar situation, 'cured' their hangovers with copious amounts of cocaine.

Tom decided that anything was better than the state he was in and joined them on their drugged up hangovers by the pool with the following logic:

1) The cocaine will accelerate their metabolisms to burn through the alcohol effects quicker

2) The sun blaring down onto them and swimming around in the pool will make them sweat out the alcohol

I can assure you, neither of these things helped Tom as he slunk his way back to our room right before dinner. His hair was wet, his towel was wrapped around his shoulders and his head hung low; the look of a defeated man.

I for one, spent majority of my day chilling out in preparation for the wedding tomorrow. The various wedding guests arrived throughout the day and I was introduced to many of our international partners who were in attendance. I got breakfast with the girls, then our daily massage, then I read a book on the balcony in the soft sun. It was just a delightful day in essence.

With a knock at the door, I turned to Tom who just groaned, still wet and smelling like salt water and chlorine as he was stalling having a shower. His groan led me to believe he wasn't expecting guests and I took it upon myself to answer it, considering he could barely move without grunting all day.

I didn't recognise the two people at the door, although the woman smiled and embraced me in a large hug. The man just bowed and smiled to greet me. When Tom heard their voices, he came to the door excitedly, finally introducing me to Perfectly dresses Yakuza member, Benjiro Tanaka and his smoulderingly hot brunette wife.

Mila Maniscalo.

The last remaining Maniscalo daughter of the man I had helped throw into a life of prison. The sister of Sofia, the other Maniscalo daughter whom I had killed.

Benji was apparently pretty high up in the Japanese Yakuza, according to the various bits of information I had heard from Tom. The Yakuza didn't do much business with The Family but Mila and her partner were invited by Haz to their wedding anyway.

And if Tom is correct with his information, Mila hates her family. That's why she moved to Japan in the first place, to be as far away from the Maniscalo name as possible. But, still be involved in a crime family.

Tom welcomed them into our suite for a night cap but they politely declined, saying they needed to sleep off the jet lag after their long flight from Japan. Understandable, getting to the Amalfi Coast from Tokyo would have been a fucking nightmare.

"We just wanted to stop by and say hi before the wedding tomorrow. We should catch up properly afterwards at the reception though," Mila smiled at us both, her husband Benjiro nodding and telling Tom they were overdue for a drink or two.

They left our room and I turned to Tom with a face of 'what the fuck just happened' because I was genuinely scared of Mila Maniscalo. I know Tom trusts her, but I was still so weary of her - I killed her sister and put her father in jail.

I wonder what Jack's wife is like. I've never really heard much about her. Would she hate me too?

"Darling, trust me. Benji wouldn't have married her if she was a traitor. She hates the Maniscalo's almost as much as you do," he joked, kissing my forehead and rubbing my shoulders.

"You need to keep your tattoo moisturised so it heals with the colour properly, sit down on the bed," I said noticing that Tom still had a bandage on the new ink, hopping to the bathroom to come back with some moisturising cream.

Tom laid back on the custom sized bed with his legs dangling off the edge, it's height taller tham any bed I had stayed on. I straddled his waist and put my toiletries bag next to him on the covers. I laughed as he placed his hands on my hips, squeezing them a little whilst I unscrewed the lid of the moisturiser.

"Wait... Does it smell good?" He asked like a naive child.

"Kind of? It doesn't have fake fragrances or anything, it's nice though," I said using the tiny spatula it comes with to dab a little bit of the cream behind his ear on the fresh tattoo.

Gently rubbing it in circles with my thumb, I smiled down at Tom who had closed his eyes and started humming to himself.

"Can you make me all glowy and even more sexy for tomorrow?" He mumbled quietly, smiling sheepishly as he turned his head towards me.

"Like a little mini skincare routine?" I laughed, mostly at the fact he said 'even more sexy' in general.

"Can we both do it together? Like the shit you put on that makes you not be able to move and then all the fancy water and cream and spray and shit?" He laughed, sitting up on his elbows and pouting at me.

"You're such a baby when you're tired like this," I laughed, smearing the thick pink clay mask across his cheeks.

"I just like the feeling of you looking after my skin for me. I feel like it's my job to take care of you and keep you safe but when you do my eyebrows or when you put this pink stuff on, it makes me feel all soft inside," he chuckled, trying to keep his head still as I ran my fingers along his nose.

"You're such a sook Tom, imagine if people knew that the Godfather of The Family got like this when his girlfriend did a face mask for him," I giggled.

"Yeah well thanks to you I have good skin and I look even more intimidating as the boss of this mafia. Imagine if I went around fighting people with scruffy eyebrows and puffy eyes," he chuckled, again trying to keep his face still.

"Shut up and hold still. Also, you're still smoking hot without the skincare, this all just makes me even more attracted to you," I said smiling.

"Would you fuck me like this?" He said with his face covered in the hardening clay mask.

"Oh definitely, but let me put mine on first," I joked, holding up a hand mirror and applying the mask to my own face.